Hey Kessy Papercutting Workshop

I had my very first craft workshop last year on this same month, May. This happened exactly last May 26, 2013. Such a long overdue post right? Forgive me for this, but I think it's a good idea that every Thursday, I'll post something that's from a year or years ago already. And if you're bright enough, I guess you know what the concept of my Thursday post is. *wink* 

Yes, you get it right my dear, I'm incorporating Throwback Thursday to my Thursday post.  :)

And maybe, you are wondering how I happened to know about this craft workshop. Well, it's through the social media tools of course! Instagram to be exact. So here's a piece of its history, I was browsing somebody's Instagram until I stumbled on a post where she had decorated her plain journal with washi tapes. I fell in love instantly with those printed tapes! They were very me! :D Thank God that she tagged the seller's Instagram - Hey Kessy. Until then, I have been keeping myself updated with anything that's Hey Kessy-related. I discovered the owner's online shop's website, the online shop's Instagram and even the personal website of the owner by being such a good stalker (Chos!). There, I learned that Mansy, the owner, also holds craft workshops aside from creating cool DIY craft products. Great isn't it? Because she doesn't keep her talent within herself. Rather, she chose to share it to the world. Ah. I just love people who are like her! <3

Moving forward, here's what I had that special day.

The venue was at Sweet Ecstacy in Cubao Expo. And I really love this poster-filled wall!<3
Yays! Here were our craft kits. :D

Our choices of Washi Tapes. Aaah! Heaven!

My personalized rubber mat for the papercutting that I'll be doing. :D I love how Mansy put our names on it. <3

Welcome to the workshop! Yayyy! BTW, that bag on the wall was a prize that was won by the participant with the best output. Too bad that it wasn't me! Hehe. Better luck next time, I guess?

And the amazing works of Mansy Abesamis, the owner of Hey Kessy. :D





Baker Twines. Some of the products of Hey Kessy.
(Sorry for the blurry photo.)

Personal washi tape collection of Mansy. :D

Some materials for our project that day.

Templates where we can practice using the craft knife. It wasn't easy, I tell you! You got to put a light pressure on the knife while using it. Else, your papercut project will look bad.

Ta-da! Here were our projects. Can you guess where my work is? :)


This was what I came up with that day. I was supposed to put an aztec vibe with this coaster but failed to. LOL. Maybe I was just pressured, eh? Hehe. I hope to make a better one on my next craft workshop! *cross fingers*
So there, my first craft workshop was. :D I couldn't explain what I felt that day because I was beyond excited! At the same time, I was afraid that there'll be these snobby participants. Hehe. And I was really grateful that everyone was friendly even the host herself, Mansy. She was really accommodating and was very focus on us and our works. She even patiently taught me some techniques on how to hold and use my craft knife properly which I really appreciate. :) Thank you again, Mansy! <3

I hope I can get the chance to do another craft workshop this year. :D Keeping my fingers crossed for that! 

See you around fellas!

P.S. By the way, you may click on the hyperlinks I created if you want to know more about Sweet Ecstacy, Hey Kessy and Mansy's works. 

Cheers!

Dona


Comments

  1. I wanna go next time puchi! Sama mo ko.. Hehhee nagupdate ka na ulit besides the sunshine award. Yey! Ipush mo yan teh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023