Baler, You Are Amazing! (Day 1)

Just 2 weeks before reaching the middle of the year, my mom has planned for a family summer outing. Well, it was kind of late but it's still summer anyways! ;) So, we didn't mind at all. 

We were supposed to go to Bataan but uhm, we've been there before. And it could've been better if we'll go somewhere for the first time of our lives. So, we've thought of a place that we've never been before and Baler came to our minds instantly! :)

Roughly, it took us 4 to 5 hours of travel (including our meal stop overs, buying of some stuff needed, comfort room break, etc.) We left at 5-ish from our hometown, San Ildefonso, Bulacan in the morning and arrived at Sabang, Baler, Aurora at nearly 10am. 

Nonetheless, we enjoyed our travel though the zigzag road was non-stop. It didn't give us headache though or anything that you call "motion sickness". Rather, we did have fun seeing the magnificent beauty of Baler from the road. The trees were endless and they were very green. Plus they perfectly give shade to travelers. So not to expose them in too much sunlight. Then here's Pantabangan Dam which also added to the beauty of our travel, even though it's not a part of Aurora (it's Nueva Ecija's). 

From the road then, you'll see how amazing it is by its color and wideness. Where I really thought that it was a lake or something. Funny, I know. But it was just.. ah.. very picturesque!

And since I'm talking so much, I'll let my photos and videos do the storytelling now. :)
Those curves. Yes. Thank you, Go Pro Hero 3+ and to my ever-sweet and supportive boyfriend for this gadget! :D He's a real witness of how I die everyday dreaming of my own Go Pro. :)


A very cozy coffee shop that attracted my rustic self while on our way.
On our way to "Lerba" (Baler). We had to stop for that dump truck which is blocking the road.





Pantabangan Dam.
And then an hour after, hello hello Baler!

I wouldn't be that ashame to share that we got lost a lot of times going here. Since we only relied to our family friends about the directions and to some to townspeople we see around the road.

Nonetheless, we were cool about it. It's part of the adventure after all, right? 

And let me just share this 2
 thumbs up mural painting we saw near the Tourism Office of Baler. :)




 Such a grand painting right? It's not only patriotic. Rather, it says a lot of things.

Moving forward. we had our lunch here at Gerry Shan's Place. And look at the Buffet price! It's only P199! It's very affordable!

Their food was good. And if I were to rate it, I'll probably give a 7 out of 10. While the ambiance will be 5 out of 10. I'm sorry. But that's just my opinion anyways. I didn't find it very friendly because it was hot inside even though they have their AC's on. Plus the area was a bit untidy. So as to their tables and chairs which are similar to those in carinderia's. Not that I'm such a critic, but, I just expected much when I was told that this is Baler's number 1 buffet restaurant.


To share another trivia about Baler. Buffet restaurants are actually a kind of trend there. I don't know the exact reason. But I concluded with that idea when I was able to talk to one of the tourism officers there, asking him about the best places to eat. Surprisingly, when I asked him about where to eat best in Baler, he threw me a question back also. Haha. His question to me was, "Am I looking for a buffet restaurant or not?" And I was, like.. "Buffet? Are you kidding? Do I look like a food monster?" Haha. But kidding aside, my eyes almost popped out when he asked me that. Haha. Just too bad for us that my family aren't much of a buffet fan. So, trying 1 best buffet restaurant would already do for us.

And going forward, let me take you then to what kept us busy that day.


Where we stayed - Pacific Waves Annex.
Go Pro-ing when my sister and her boyfriend walked around the Sabang Beach.
Then after we "checked-in", we decided to make most of our time by roaming around Baler and stopping by Diguisit Falls. On our way there, we were truly amazed by the natural beauty of Baler. Thus, the pictures below. :)

The breathtaking Diguisit Beach.
Donelle, me and our mom.
Our directors/photographers. Bang!
Fat kid doing that pose again. Haha. Nagmamaganda pa! LOL.
Our groupie shot.

At Diguisit Falls.
And our day-ender shot, group shot at the top of Ermita Hill.

To sum it up, we were able to see these other tourist spots in Baler: Sabang Beach, Diguisit Beach, Diguisit Falls and Ermita Hill. This was also the day that we have discovered about Dicasalarin Cove, that is actually one of Angara's properties according to the security guard who stopped us when we were about to enter it. He stopped us because we didn't know that we were entering a resort already (with a one way road) while we were looking to this Diguisit Falls that we didn't notice of. It was unnoticeable kasi for it was small. We can't blame ourselves though for expecting a normal sized falls. LOL.
Anyways, please stay tuned and let me tell you about our 2nd day in Baler. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023