Ohayou, Japan! (Day 1)


Hi, friends! I've been gone for quite awhile and you know what, I wasn't fully aware of that. 😅 So, I'm sorry for being gone. But anywaysss, I am officially back! And this time, I'll be blogging about my recent Japan trip with my office friends. 🇯🇵💕

DISCLAIMER: 90% of the pictures were from my beloved phone only. Also, long blog post ahead. 🤣

Before I finally start blabbering about our day 1 in Japan. I just wanted to share that "GRABE YUNG PINAGDAANAN NAMIN FOR THIS TRIP!" Haha. 

If you can recall the massive typhoon that we had - "Tisoy". Well, it freaking ruined almost everything we planned for this trip!

December 3, 2019 - this was the day of our flight which is the same day when "Tisoy" made a landfall in the PH. So yes, our flight was one of the hundred flights that got cancelled that day. ARGHHH! With that, we had to rebook almost everything - flight, hotels & tours. How nice huh?

Good thing that my Japan companions are still game in spite of all. That's why during the night of December 2, we decided to have an emergency conference call to finally decide on what to do next. Thank God that everything fell into place after all those shits we've gone through. What a challenge, Lord! Hindi po namin alam kung sino ang may balat sa pwet sa amin. Hahaha. Just kidding! ✌🏼

So, on December 4 - our flight finally pushed through. TYSM, Lord! 

My first time here in NAIA 1. 😊


Awww. First Christmas decor I've seen that morning. 😍


NAIA 1's trademark. Hehe.
Picture while waiting for our check-in.

Here we go!

What are the odds that the guy ahead of them has a colored hair too? Hehe.

Few minutes before we board. What a scenic view! 😍

Airplane seatmates. 😬

My first time with Jetstar too. ✈️

Dang. What a view! I can't believe I'm flying to Japan. Huhu. Missing my family though! 😭

Then after 4 hours of flight, we are really in Japannn! 😭😭😭




We had to ride this tram that will transfer us to the other part of Kansai Airport - to get our luggages, pass the immigration and ride the train to our hotel.
First look at Kansai (Osaka) Airport. 🇯🇵


Siyempre, pa-picture na naman po siya sa directory. Haha.

Our Osaka weapons - ICOCA card for our train rides; OSAKA AMAZING PASS - for Osaka train rides (except JR Line) and our Osaka tours (Osaka Castle, Umeda Sky, etc).
I made a hyperlink for these cards in the photo so you can easily view/book it in Klook. 😬

GOING TO THE HOTEL...

Heading to the train station now. So, we could finally rest at our hotel.

First look at their train stations. 😍
Well, I feel some sort of Taiwan vibes here. Hehe. 


  



Checking which station we'll be going. 🤣

Then, after 36 minutes of train ride, the OFWs had finally arrived at Shin-Imamiya Station. 🤣




Uy, may cheks! 😅

Cams matching with the pink bus. 💕Hihi.

You're so cute, Cams! Hehe.

And the search for Osaka Ebisu Hotel continues. 😂

Uy. Art! 😍

Passed by this little book store. Hihi.  😍

First look of our hotel's neighborhood. 


Wow! Colorful luggages! 😍

Whoa. Hello there, Tsutenkaku Tower


Us, Trio, checking in now. 💕 Ito na yung mga binook natin, Aims & Jonabels! Hihi. 😬

And we're near our hotel now. What a perfect location! 💕 

Hi, Olafff! I just watched Frozen 2 a week ago. Hehe.

Gachaponnn! This is in my Japan bucket list. Hihi. 😬

Posing in front of our hotel. ✌🏼

Camsy in Shinsekai. 😬🇯🇵

Cams and the Moshi Manju kuno. Hehe. 


Then, we're off to exploring Shinsekai now as we're super kaduper hungry already! Haha.

Shinsekai is an old neighbourhood located next to south Osaka City's downtown "Minami" area. The neighbourhood was created in 1912 with New York as a model for its southern half and Paris for its northern half. 
(c) Wikipedia


Our dear lovebirds. Love wins! 🌈

Still posing in spite of my ugly face. 🤣

Walang murang kainan around the area, so McDo na lang! Haha.


Nandito sa menu yung fave nung kaibigan namin eh. HAHAHA.


Then, more pictures of Shinsekai. 🇯🇵






Mesherep daw ito. 

Bromance in Osaka. ✌🏼🤣

Manhole on fleek. 😍

Then before sunset, we decided to go to Edion and Dotonbori already. 😊



Yeyyy! Here we are now in Edion to get our Japan sim cards for our internet connection. You may click here to avail same sim cards in case you'll be going to Japan too. It costs P596.00 for 8 days, 3GB.



Hirap hanapin nung claim-an ng sim card! Mamatay-matay na kami sa gutom and lamig! LOL.

After getting our sim cards (finally), we then headed to BIC Camera.

BIC Camera is an electronic/gadget store in Japan. And I tell you, their gadgets here are way cheaper than ours.


Tokyo 2020 Olympics merch.

Ay, ito naaa.. yung kumuha ng pera ko! Hahaha.



😍😍😍


Some G-shocks. 😍


Camera bags in BIC are so affordable too! 😭


And now, let me take you to the famous Dotonbori in Osaka, Japan.


Arcade/gambling shops in Japan.

After some strolling.. Shav and I are finally eating dinner. Haha.



Thanks Shavo for the dinner treat! ☺️

Our dinner view at the rooftop.
  


And just like that, our dinner is served! Ang cute lang, nasa bento box pa. Hehe.


Tara! Let's eat some vegan din din! 🥢




Me at 4 degrees. Wa. Lang. Ya. Hahaha. Napaka-lamiggg!



If you want to eat at the same resto in the future, it's located above this museum. 😊

Hisamitsu. 🇯🇵

Samurai umbrellas. Cuuute! 😍

Colorful luggages along Dotonbori. 😍



Japan chocolates that we have here in PH. Hihi.

And before going home, my last request is to see Glico Man. Hihi.


Thank You, Lord it finally came truuue!
☺️☺️☺️



As we're heading back to our hotel, here are some of my Japan finds on the way. 😬

Cute 'nooo?

Drinks from Family Mart - one of my bestfriends in Japan. HAHAHA!




Cutie photobooth. 

Tsutenkaku Tower changing its light. 😍 Also, this has been our hotel landmark during our stay. Hehe.

Now, back to our hotel. Please notice the beautiful lobby rug. 😍


Awww. A Christmas tree inside the lobby! 🎄 Hihi. 


As I'm about to end this blog post, I just wanted to share this P3,000+ Onitsuka shoes that my friends were able to score in Dotonbori. What a good buy, right? 😬



Night cap with my roomies in Osaka. 💕😴



JAPAN DAY 1 EXPENSES:

1,620 - travel tax
1,343 - Osaka Amazing Pass
1,036 - ICOCA Card
596 - Japan sim card
1,800  (estimate)- BIC Camera (1 camera pouch, 2 films, 1 disposable camera)
6,395 - TOTAL

I'm bidding good night too, folks! Hope you like my blog post. 😬 Thanks for reading it. And next blog entries will be coming up next!

Sayonara,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023