Ohayou, Japan! (Wizarding World Of Harry Potter)

Ohayou! I'm back for my Japan (Day 2) blog. 😬 But today, I'm dedicating this blog post entirely for Harry Potter in USJ only. Hahaha. I'm so sorry, Harry Potter is that special in my heart, that is why. Also, I have 100+ pictures in USJ to share. So, this is my way of trimming them down. Hehe.


For today's itinerary, we just entirely planned to visit Universal Studios only. But the last minute, we decided to go to Dotonbori and Don Quijote (near Shinsekai). Haha.

First off was to say a little prayer and eat breakfast. Guess what my breakfast was? Tan tananan! It's no other than this Onigiri Pork that I've bought from Family Mart last night.


After eating breakfast, we already started our day by taking a bath and preparing. So that we could already head to Universal Studios (Japan) ASAP. Haha. 

Originally, we planned to leave our hotel at 8:00 AM. But guess what, we left at 7:30 AM. Haha. Look who's excited for USJ? Obviously, it was all of us. 😂 It was only half an hour early but that difference matters a lot when you're traveling. Ehe.


But first, group picture muna in Shinsekai which is very very near our hotel! Hihi.

Football team. Haha.

Picture with Tsutenkaku Tower.

After our class picture.. LOL. At 8:25 AM, here we are already in USJ! And it was freaking cold! I couldn't take being glove-less anymore. 


In spite of the cold weather, we fearlessly did a lot of photo ops when we arrived, while some of us had bought their to-go breakfasts.


When time ticked 8:32 AM, I was already running towards the USJ's entrance with Cams. LOL. I remembered that by 9:00 AM, we should already be queueing up at the entrance booth. And it was past 9AM already, yet we are still outside USJ's entrance. LOL. Yes, I'm that time conscious because I fear the long lines in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Then, a few minutes after, our friends are still nowhere to be found. LOL. That's why Cams and I took that opportunity to have a picture here first. 😊



Lo and behold, at 10:02AM, we were already in line to get inside USJ. (Kung hindi pa ako nag-tantrums kuno kay JM. Hahaha!)


Okay, hold back. We weren't able get in after finishing this line because apparently, we were carrying a tripod plus 2 monopods (for our GoPros). And we were told by the USJ inspectors that those gadget accessories aren't allowed inside. Fret not because they won't confiscate it. Rather, they told us to just leave it in one of their coin lockers which we hurriedly did kahit nilamon na kami ng coin locker na yun. First time gumamit eh! Hahaha.


And here's our first look at UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN! OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS! 



I was the one carrying the USJ map which you can get almost everywhere in USJ. With too much excitement, I didn't even notice that I was holding the Japanese map instead of the English one. Haha. Also, nalagpasan namin yung daan going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Galing ko magnavigate eh! HAHAHA.

Anyway highway, we still made it there. If you're thinking that I was probably running to get inside. Well, I wasn't.. I savored every step that I took getting there:

FIRST THINGS FIRST: Picture with the Weasley's car. Hihi.
(My gosh! Sobrang gayang-gaya sa movies. Hihi.)



Few minutes walk after..



Yas, gurl! I brought my almost 2 decade-old Harry Potter book! :D

2 weeks before, halos mataob na namin yung bahay namin kakahanap sa mga Harry Potter books ko which my sister placed somewhere she couldn't remember. Haha.

Then inside, kodakan time with this Hogwarts Express guy. :)





And then back to taking pictures inside with my first Harry Potter book! *squealsss*




Oh. Hello there, butterbeer!

Look at this happy kid!

Harry Potter Owl Post.

I couldn't hide my kilig anymore. Hahaha.

SUPER DREAM COME TRUUUEEE! *ugly crying*
Daming nagpipicture dyan sa spot na yan. Ewan ko ba kung bakit. Hehe.


AY. UWIAN NA. MAY NANALO NA! HAHAHA.

If you're wondering if I cried, yes I did! But not because of too much happiness. It was because I miss my family and they could have been here with me if only I have the money. And thank you, JM for reminding me! This is all your fault! Hahaha.


Still smiling in spite of my bulged eyes. Dang it.

Picture-an daw nila ako while doing this pose. Siyempre, game na game ako! Hahaha.

HUHUHU. I'm not crying, you are crying.

Then after the photo ops that I did/that we did. We decided to have our first ride that day - "Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey".

Queue going to the ride. And I can spot Pinoys. Hehe.

For the nth time, thank you guys for accompanying me here! Hihi.

INSIDE HOGWARTS NOW.


First off - everyone is required to leave their stuff (cellphones and wallets included) here in this locker area. The keys are already by the locker and it has a bracelet, so you can just wear it on your hands while you go inside the attraction.






GAHHH. ARE YOU GUYS NOW READY TO SEE WHAT'S INSIDE? HIHI.

Inside, the first thing that captured my eyes is this "Potions Classroom" by Prof. Snape. Hihi.

And next was this "Mirror of Erised" where Harry saw his parents in HP1 film. Huhu.


Then, few minutes later.. we are really inside Hogwarts Castle! AHHH!


Sa movie ko lang ito nakikita, tapos totoo na siya ngayon. OMG. Can I cry again? Haha.


A glimpse of "Dumbledore's Office".


The famous "Fat Lady".

Passworddd? ;)

"The Sorting Hat"


And finally, "The Great Hall"!
(It wasn't super similar with the movie but this can do.)

This is actually where the ride is.



Too bad that cellphones and cameras aren't allowed inside. But na-ah! I googled some photos of the ride so you can see it as well. Hihi.


This is how The Great Hall looked like with the rides inside.

(c) latimes.com


For me, it was kind of a wild version of 8D experience. Haha. Hence the picture below.


(c) pinterest.com

The scenes in the ride were of course, purely Harry Potter - entering the Hogwarts Castle, encounter with the Whomping Willow, Quidditch Match, Aragog, Dementors, etc.

The entire ride was full of effects! What I won't forget the most was the water dropping from the huge spiders. As in sht, in the movie, it was actually their saliva! Hahaha. Imagine my mind getting wild all those times. Napasigaw talaga ako ng, "ANO YUNNN!!!" But hello, in the ride, it was just plain water. Haha. So nothing to worry about! It wasn't even sticky at all.

And what I love the most about the ride was the Quidditch. Grabeee lang, ganun pala yung feeling nila Harry Potter while riding their broomsticks. SOBRANG AMAZING! We were all left in awe after the ride. Sobrang elibs kami with our experience! Hihi.

After the ride, I kinda felt dizzy actually. Haha. Nagustuhan ko yung Quidditch pero dun yata ako nahilo. Trololol.

Anyway, upon going out, this is what will welcome you:

Filch's Emporium a.k.a Harry Potter Souvenir Shop.


And I'll let you browse more because I took pictures of my favorite items there.

Hogwarts Houses chocolates.

Stationery section.

Marauder's Map.

Cap, keychains, socks, tote bag, etc.

I luuurve this sweater! Dang.

Hogwarts baggage tag which I was thinking of getting.

Oh shoot, Tom Marvolo Riddle's DIARY!

Sirius Black poster/folder - my favorite Harry Potter character. And this is what I got for myself! Hihi.

Ahhh. The 4 bestfriends' mug - Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot & Prongs.

WANT! Hogwarts Castle picture frame.

Another WANT! Quidditch bonnet & gloves. 

All that Hedwig stuff.



And after 48 years, I finally decided to go out! Haha.



Thanks, Shav for this shot! :D

And thennn.. I took a picture of the film camera that I brought with me. Thank you, sister for lending me your film cam! Hihi.


Then more pictures of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
  
Dashing Hogwarts Castle.

"Flight of the Hippogriff" rollercoaster. And it was fine, caterpillar feels with a little twist. Hehe.

Hagrid's house inside the rollercoaster vicinity. :) Unfortunately, this is just a display and nobody can enter it.


And a toast for such a beautiful experience here. BUTTERBEER TIIIME! :D







We also did some photo ops with the beautiful Hogwarts Castle. :D




Then some pictures of the shops inside.





Dervish & Banges.



Oh. Hello, kuya! Hahaha. Gusto nya pumose eh. Gulat ako. LOL.



Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment.



And last but not the least, the Owl Post.


WHEWWW! WHAT AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE. I won't surely forget this moment my whole life! This was really one of my dreams and making it come true is just unexplainable.

To Jai, if you are reading this, thank you talaga for pep-talking me - about saying yes to this Japan trip! What got me the most was when you said "treat mo na yan ti sa sarili mo". Damn. I've really felt that! Hehe. Love youuu, Jaiii! <3 Thank you also, Jonabels & Aims for silently convincing me! Hihi. Love you bothhh! <3

And that's all for now, folks! I'll be back with my other USJ stories.

Let the magic begin,
Dona

Comments

  1. Hi Donna! I so enjoyed your blog. Yung feeling na andun na din ako. At my age right now, dream ko pa din yan USJ to get to the WW of HP. We're planning to visit this coming April, this time with my equally-Potterhead son. �� Thanks for this. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwe. Thank you po! Regardless of our age, any Potterheads should really see this WWHP talaga! Sobrang one for the books experience! I'm excited about your trip po with your family. Let me know lang po if I can help. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023