Ohayou, Japan! (Day 4)

My gosh. I really missed blogging. 😭 And I'm so glad that I can finally continue telling stories about our Japan trip. And this time, it'll be about our day 4 there.

Like the usual, before starting off, I'll share first my previous Japan blogs. 😊

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 3)

Alright! Let's start now.



(c) Keshav Das Manalo

During our 7-day Japan trip, our Day 4 was the most chill of all. I woke up at 12 noon and we all left our hotel at 3PM already. Kamusta naman yung hapon na talaga kami umalis di ba? 🤣 We were supposed to leave at 1PM but the boys requested to leave at 3PM since they wanted to finish watching an NBA Game.

So, while waiting.. I decided to take pictures of our amazing hotel bathroom.



Bidet machine - stop, rear and front. Yung bidet dito sa Pinas, wala namang option if rear or front eh di ba? Amazing! 😬


Bath tub and shower area. The hot and cold water options for the shower and sink are in one control only. And I love those shampoo, conditioner and liquid soaps by the way! 😍 Sobrang bangooo! If only I can take them home. Haha.

And there's a huge mirror inside.

Plus these 2 bathroom tissue dispensers. Yay!



Then a few hours after, we're finally heading out. 😬



Here's our hotel's signage and you can book them here.

Minutes after, we walked towards the train station that will bring us to Gion. We rode the train from Shijo Omiya Station which was just 1-2 minute walk from our hotel. And heck, it was super convenient!

Meanwhile, here are my office friends waiting for the train to arrive. Spot Goblin laughing. Hahaha. Labyu, RJ! 😙

Once we got off the train station, look what welcomed us! Plus the Japanese guy (not in picture) setting up for busking. 😊 
As we walked towards Geisha District, this was the scenery that day. Oh, how relaxing! 😍

Painting by the park. Just beautiful! 😍

And here's a Japanese painter that we passed by. If only I can take a closer picture of what he was drawing, I would! Ang galing niya kasi. 😬



Meanwhile, while the stoplight was in red.. we took a picture of this very Autumn-ish area.








Ang mag-Ga. 💕🌈

Cheks - third wheeling. Hahaha.
(c) Jayson Matala

And a few more walks after, we are finally here in Hanamikoji Street/Geisha District.

Medyo mind-blowing to be walking in a Geisha street. Honestly, never in my wildest dream that I ever imagined to be seeing one with my bare eyes. And thankfully, during this trip, I was able to see Geishas twice. Hihi. Too bad, I wasn't able to take a picture of them. But that's okay, sign of respect na rin. 🙂 


And here was I sneaking a shot in Geisha District. Hahaha. Hiii, Cams! Haha. 

Sobrang dinaanan lang namin yung area, full of old Japanese houses pa naman siya. Huhu. 😞 Tapos, hindi man lang namin napicture-an. That's why we just headed straight to Kenninji Temple.


Si Kuya Shavo namin na ayaw magpapicture. Haha.

Ohayou from Kenninji Temple. 🏯



Yours truly na walang sawang papicture ng papicture. Hahaha.

And of course, photo ops with this beautiful red tree. 😬



My Trustwave batchmates/office BFFs since 2016. 💕

UPS girls. 💕



Twinning with this sweetheart, Camille. 💕



Our beloved Trio # 2. Hihi. 💕



Then some more photo ops in front of Kenninji Temple.




Getting ready for a group picture. ☺️

(c) Camille Dolor.

Then a few minutes after, it was already sunset. Ang bilis ng oras! Haha. Pero late naman na kasi umalis ng hotel eh. 


Isn't it beautiful? 😬🌅

Nahihiyang mag-papicture kaya nag-selfie na lang. 🤣

Uyyy, hindi nakatiis.. nagpapicture na. HAHAHA! 🤣

When the sun had already bid goodbye, we then walked towards Ninenzaka and Sannenzaka District.




And ito na siyaaa. Yay! 😬


Ganda nung temple! Huhu.


Can't remember if this was the Sacred Dragons Temple. Comment or message me up if you know what this temple is called. Hihi.


Hirap na hirap kami i-achive yung shot na 'to. Pero never say die kami nila Con & Cams! Hihi. Thank youuu, girls! 💕 

Going forward.. as we walked, here are the shops in Ninenzaka and Sannenzaka District.




Of course, photo ops included. 😬

Sweetie Cams. Thank you for being my buddy that night! Labyu, Cams! 💕

Ngiting lalagnatin na. 🤣
2 layers on a 4 degree weather. Bigla na lang kasi uminit pakiramdam ko niyan. Kaloka!

More of Ninenzaka and Sannenzaka District at night. 😬🇯🇵




Gutom na. Kaya merienda time muna. 😊


Then, picture time again before going down and going to the famous Starbucks here.


Ok na pakiramdam kasi nagjacket na ulit. LOLz.



Hi, Shav! Haha.

And here we are now inside the Starbucks that I was talking about. ☕️


Pastry section.


Pretty Starbucks card. 😍


My only order that night. Haha. Masabi lang na bumili. LOL.


#TeamJapan 🇯🇵



Japanese displays inside.

Cashier area.


As we left Starbucks, we saw Kiyomizu-dera Temple on our way. Actually, we have originally put this in our itinerary but it wasn't a priority. That's why it became a bonus seeing this on our way. Win win situation! Yey!







Heading to Teramachi and Shikyogoku Shopping District now to scout some Anello bags since it's way way cheaper in Japan. Trololol! Haha.



And here's some of the stuff that captured my eyes while in Teramachi.

No Face (Spirited Away movie) lighter. Hihi.



49.00 Peso earrings. Yayyy!
Another Owl Cafe in Japan.



Socksss! I love socks! Hehe.


An airsoft shop! Yay! Sakto, nagbilin si Papa ng isang t-shirt from Japan. And I'm definitely buying it here since my dad loves to play Airsoft. Hihi. Thank you to my friends who convinced me to buy here. Kahit na tumataginting na 600.00 plus ang presyo. Haha.





And some more pictures along Teramachi.


OH SHT! HUNTER X HUNTER!

LIKE!

BEAUTIFUL JAPANESE JACKETS. OMG!


Then while we wait for our other friends, Gachapon mode muna.


My Instagram photo. Hihi.

My friends getting so excited with the BTS Gachapon. Hihi. 

Cutie Road Runner. Haha.

And a couple minutes after, it's time to say goodbye for now, Teramachi!

Share ko lang na, beside the train station below.. there was Japanese guy who looked like in his 50's already. It seemed that he came from office because he was wearing a decent office attire. He was standing up beside the train station below and he was holding a huge signage of KTV. He looked super sad while he was waiting for a possible client. Sobrang heartbreaking makita yung ganun. Grabeee. I cannot. I and my friends were just probably fighting our tears seeing him in that situation. Sobrang kita sa kanya na he doesn't love what he was doing. That we concluded na he badly needed money kaya niya ginagawa yun - standing in the cold for hoursss. Hayyy. Magkakasakit pa si tatay dun eh! Grabe lang talaga. And this is what I always tell my loved ones whenever they ask me about my Japan trip - sobrang ganda ng Japan pero nakakalungkot na ang dami kong nakitang depressed na tao dun. 


Anywaysss! Moving on.. enough of the sad story that I just shared. Look at this candid photo of my friends on our way back to the hotel na lang. Hihi. Yes, Cheks? Iba tingin natin kay Con dito ah? Hahaha. Inissue bigla? 


Now, we're back at the hotel. And it's time to open this mala-Yakult drink that I bought. UGH. HEAVEN! Hehe. 



Sharing also that our Kyoto hotel lends this mobile phone with data that you can use while you travel. And it's free!



 And flex ko lang yung Japanese washing machine na ito na nangangain ng tanga. HAHAHA. We washed our dirty clothes here para pag-uwi ng Pinas, wala na kaming lalabhan. Oha! Smart moves di ba? Free naman eh! So why not? 



As a night ender, nagkwentuhan lang kami in our hotel room. Super tawanan sa mga katangahan namin sa laundry area. HAHAHA. 

And thank you, RJ for sharing this Meiji ice cream! Hihi. Yummyyy! 


As a blog post-ender, I'm sharing our DAY 4 EXPENSES:

(IN PHILIPPINE PESO)


200 - 2 Onigiri

162.50 - Family Mart (lunch)
115 - train fare
125 - Starbucks donut
660 - Papa's t-shirt
115 - train fare
176 - 7 11 (dinner)
1,553.50 - TOTAL

Goodbye for now, folks! Thank you so much again for reading!


Love,

Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023