2020 Wrap Up


Hellooo! Tell me who you missed? It me? Yes? Yes? Haha. Happy 2021, you guys! I finally had the energy to blog again. I was supposed to do this entry last December of 2020 but I got super busy. So here you go!
This is my first time actually doing a year-wrap-up-kinda-post all the years that I was blogging and I thought, it's a great idea to do so. Doing this kind of entry makes me reflect on how my year had been and most importantly, it's to make me think of the things that I should be thankful for.

I know that 2020 was such a bad year for most of us but it shouldn't make us dwell on just the negative parts of it because I'm sure, there's a pinch of positivity despite of the ugly ones.

Enough of this intro, Dona. And as I often say it, let the blogging roll!

January 2020

Wedding of my two highschool friends + being reunited with my college roomies/sissies. Huhu. I'm so happy for Diego and Razel. May forever talaga! Haha. Also, my nurse friends from abroad decided to come home to be present on this very special day of Razel's (one of my closest friends from highschool who was also my bedmate in college). We were inseparable when we were still students that's why when she left for USA last 2013, ay grabe ang iyak ko dzai! Ang hirap pigilan because we parted ways sa MRT station. Hahaha. Juice cooo. 

Februrary 2020

Elyu with my office aka kaladkarin friends. I spent my post 30th birthday here and we worked from home for 3 days! Hihi.

February 2020

My raket - Blissful Days Events team has finished a wedding in Vigan, Ilocos Sur. And here we were taking a picture with the uber cool and mabait mom of the groom. :) Truth be told, this was my least favorite wedding but this was heck of an experience that I'll surely look back to. Mainly because, this was work then a little vacation after. Also, I was surrounded with very hardworking and sweet girls during this entire wedding week.

March 2020

Our very hardworking lolo's 85th birthday celebration. This was the night before the lockdown and glad that we did this! Family time before the quarantine it is!

March 2020

My favorite podcasters have decided to do an IG Live as their reunion and this was the cure to the heartache I've been through when I discovered that they went separate ways last 2019. Sobrang affected lang ako di ba? Pero when I went through something rin last 2019, the podcast of these two which is the "The Linya-Linya Show" was the main source of my happiness. Literal na happiness kasi tumatawa ako mag-isa while listening to their podcast. Hahaha!

April 2020

We started cat-sitting my cousin's cat who lived just a few doors away from us. Say hello from this topakin yet lovely cat, Munchkin. :D

April 2020

I volunteered at this local charity/organization, Pangarap who is committed to helping our kababayans who'd been massively affected by the pandemic. Most of the kababayans we've helped had lost their jobs, lost their homes and were striving to live their everyday life. Glad I found this organization! Finally, I can say something that I did something meaningful in my life. :)

May 2020

Catch up with my college barkada whom I was supposed to see last March for our Siargao trip! But the fckn COVID-19 had stopped it to happen. Bwisit talaga! Arghhh. Naka-impake na ko for our Siargao trip and I have been keeping all my kwentos for them pero COVID happened. We did our catch up na lang online. Thank you, technology talaga! This was our birthday greeting na rin for Abbey since it was her birthday last May 12. :)

May 2020

One of my girlfriends offered to supply cloth masks to me since I have an experience with online selling. These were the masks that I sold, a part of the "new normal". It was a happy yet time-consuming journey selling these masks! And I hope that these became useful to the clients who bought from me. :)


July 2020 - the first time ever that I went out with friends!

We were in SM Megamall during this time, had lunch there and it was the same day when I got my new phone - iPhone 11. Sumabay lang ako with our friend who tried to get an iPhone 11. Sabi ko, "Sige, ma-try na rin. Tingnan natin if makakakuha ako." Lo and behold, nakakuha nga ako! Haha. Thank You, Lord! I know that it was Your will. :)

August 2020

Been hanging out with these people since May 2020 and I met all of them online through a Filipino Indie band called "Cheats" where my favorite girl, Saab Magalona is a vocalist of. 

The cute kids in the college are called "ManKyds" (MannyKyle + kids). I hope you got it. :) Manny was the bassist of the band, Cheats while Kyle was one of the guitarists. And we started hanging out from IG Live to Google Meet to Zoom and then Streamyard. Umabot lang ako sa Zoom parts nila. Though I'm late to the party, I was so so glad that the people here very welcoming enough when I joined. We used to hangout 2x a week, first - was for our weekly movie deep dive and second - was for the "MagpaKyleanMan Show" (derived from the "Magpakailanman" show in GMA 7). I may be biased at this pero favorite ko talaga yung movie deep dives namin kasi I stepped out of my comfort zone because of it. Yung movies that I never expected to watch by myself, I was able to watch them because of the ManKyds. It was life-changing I tell you! :D

August 2020

My best-est friend has decided to create an Instagram account as an outlet for her overflowing thoughts. I was one of the people whom she consulted about this. How fortunate for me because she's usually secretive! Haha. I'm so happy that she thought of something like this because I'm a big fan of her writing. She writes the best essays and messages I tell you, guys! :)

September 2020

After 6 months, my sister and I were finally able to see our mother! We weren't able to go home since March of 2020. Imagine that! That was the longest time that I wasn't able to see my mother. NAKAKALOKA. Thank, God to technology na lang rin because we can just chat or videocall each other away.

October 2020

I hanged out again with my dear office friends, again. This time, we went to EJ's cafe. And I'm super duper thankful to these guys because they've been my lakwatsa buddies since 2019! They're just a message away if you want to go out. Ang bibilis nilang kausap, wala ng arte-arte, basta arat na agad! Haha.

November 2020

I and my sister were finally able to visit our dearest lola since March! We were so careful not to transmit any disease/sickness to her that's why it took us that long. Thank God after visiting her, wala namang nangyari sa kanya. We missed our makulit yet very sweet na lola! :)

November 2020

I finally saw some of my highschool barkada and they all slept at home after this picture was taken. Haha. My gahd, just like ze good ol' times eh?

November 2020

November 2020

Another gathering with my highschool barkada and I was so happy to see them because I missed them so! This event became our Christmas Party too which we planned to do so since December will be such a busy month for all of us.

December 2020

Maid of Honor duties for one of my bestfriends! <3 I've been accompanying her in Divisoria for her bridal gown errands. And this was the day that she finally got her very beautiful and intricate gown. I'm super excited for her wedding day which happened at the same month.


December 2020

One of my office beshies has finally tied the knot to the love of his life. I also got the chance to be reunited with our workmates. Hay, ang saya! :D 

December 2020

December 2020

Pakshet! Ito talaga yung isa sa highlight ng 2020 ko, yung nag-fangirl ako sa Thai celebrities. Hahaha. OMG talaga! These pictures were taken when the Thai actors, Bright Vachirawit and Win Opas-kajorn had a virtual fanmeet which was exclusive for Filipino fans only. Sobrang hirap to get a VIP ticket for this, in 5 minutes, naubos agad yung VIP! And I was lucky enough to secure 1 VIP ticket for myself. Hindi ko rin alam kung paano nangyari yun but I believe that it was God's plan talaga.

To find me, here are the coordinates of my face in the picture. Charaught!

1. I was in the 1st row, 2nd photo.
2. I was in the 1st row as well, 1st photo.

December 2020

I donated blood to one of my bestfriends' dad. This was my 2nd blood donation for the year of 2020 and I am just so glad that I was able to do it in spite of the pandemic. True to what Red Cross says, "donate blood, save lives".

December 2020

ManKyds dinner with our dearest mami Xy. We call her "mami" because she's a mother of 2 and hindi lang halata because of her very baby face. I super love this girl because she's very kind and down to earth. No dull moments the first time that we met! Hihi. 

December 2020

Hello from my elementary friends! It was so good to see them both again. We had the chill-est day together when we spent the rest of our Sunday afternoon at Jaja's condo. Proud of every goal that you are achieving, Dra. Jaja! <3

December 2020

The big day for Lyle and Angelo - probably the couple closest to my heart. I got to visit 2 countries because of these two. These two always invites me and my family for a travel and it's one of the sweetest things they've done for me! Ahhh.. I couldn't be any happier for these two. <3 

December 2020

Right after the wedding, I went straight to Zambales to meet some of my closest girls from ManKyds. And look at us very comfy at each other as if we've known each other for a lifetime already. Who would have thought that I will such lovely friends during the quarantine? :)

December 2020

December 2020

Right after my Zambales trip, I headed to the South to see my office friends. First photo was in Laguna when we slept over at the Avila's. Then the second photo was in Alabang Town Center, Christmas lunch with them who were surprisingly the same people that I went to Japan with. Hehe. Missed these bunch! <3

December 2020

December 2020

I had 3 virtual Christmas Parties this year and I shall look for the copy of the 2nd virtual Christmas Party photo pala. 

1. Virtual Christmas Party with our team at work.
2. Virtual Christmas Party with the Spiderlabs APAC Manila Team.
3. Virtual Christmas Party with the "Fellow 22's" aka the "The Linya-Linya Show" podcast listeners.

All of them were so fun! In fairness, in spite of the pandemic, we were able to pull off something like this and that we were able to celebrate the spirit of Christmas most importantly.

December 2020

December 2020

It's Christmas Day! My favorite day of December and my favorite season of the year. We spent the Christmas morning at home and headed to Pasig to spend the Christmas afternoon with our grandparents. Since I was a kid, this has been our Christmas schedule and I love it! Kahit na nakakapagod ang biyahe. Hehe.

And that's all folks! Sobrang bilis lang talaga ng isang taon and I'm glad that I was able to enjoy it kahit na 2020 is the worst year yet. Looking forward for brighter days, months and years to come! Have a blessed year ahead to you, my dear reader.

Lots of love,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023