Trip To Aklan (Day 1)


It's been a month since this trip happened and finally, I'm blogging about it now. So, yay! And can I just share that I've hit a few firsts during this trip? Here's what they were:

1. My first plane ride during pandemic. Wuhoo!
2. My first solo flight, everrr! Haha.

So, is it a yey to me? 😉

Truth be told, I've been itching to ride a plane since 2020 because I missed riding it that much. Two years after, it finally happened! Well, actually, I had 4 failed attempts of flying locally since the pandemic has started. And due to frequent lockdowns that happened, I was forced to cancel my trips. Better be safe than sorry right? Just thank goodness that there's an option to convert cancelled flights for travel fund, no plane fare went to waste.

Going back..

Originally, my husband was supposed to be with me during this trip but due to work reasons, I had to go on my own. 😞 It was so hard for me to leave him but this trip was super overdue already (also, as I have mentioned, I have been itching to fly, hehe). But the main reason for this trip was to visit one of my bestfriends who's an Aklanon. I missed so many major events in her life and this is my way of making up to her.

Fast forward..

After 2 years, hello hello, NAIA T3! ☺️

Flight monitoring.

I arrived at 23:57 in the airport and I tirelessly looked for a seat while waiting for my flight. But unfortunately, all the seats near the check-in gates were already taken, as a lot of passengers were sleeping and occupying one whole stretch of seats. LOL. While I find it very unfair, I also understand that some passengers were already sleepy by the time that I have arrived. Anyway, I just hope that our airports will impose some rules about it in the future.

Given that vacant seats were nowhere in sight, I just decided to go to the 2nd floor to eat at Jollibee para makaupo rin. LOL. Thanks to the passenger whom I was following, I heard him asking the security guard if the 2nd floor restaurants were still open and I heard that the answer was yes. So, alam na. Haha. By the way, he helped me carry my luggage while at the gates. What a good samaritan! Not only that, the security guards stationed at the airport during this day were all very kind and jolly. Thank You, Lord! And it's not everyday that I encounter those kind of staff. 😇 






Beef Tapa from Jollibee as my first meal of the day. Actually, midnight meal because it was just 12:36AM and my flight is at 05:10AM pa.


1 film down and 1 to go! Yay! I'm excited!


So happy to be in the airport againnn! Haha.


My paranoid self just wanted to check if I'm bringing more than 20kg of stuff. LOL.

All flight check-ins are already being done via computer here at the airport. That's why I highly encourage to do checking-in while at home, to avoid check-in queues at the airport.

Extra seats for passengers at NAIA T3. Yas!

I brought a book with me but minutes after, I became sleepy already. LOL.

Bus ride going to our airplane.

Here's my plane ride that will take me to KBO (Kalibo). Hoho!


Ahhh! I've missed this kind of window view. Also, can I just share that I bought this seat. LOLOLOL. Thank you so much, travel fund! Haha.

I got the whole row to myself because the kid and his mom who were supposed to be my seatmates have transferred seats that is by the window. Originally, the kid was seating in my seat and when the mother saw me standing and looking at the seat signs. The mother asked me if I should be the one sitted by the window seat. That's when they moved seats. While leaving my seat, the kid was saying "sayang!" and a passenger from behind heard it. That's why he offered to give his window seat and let the kid enjoy the window view.

Honestly, I felt kinda guilty about it. But then I thought - no, I won't give him my seat because it's the right thing to do. Also, hello? I paid for it.

Anyways, let's talk about my flight.

It was a smooth air travel. Thank, God!

Sunrise in the skies. Awww. 

And it was just a short but sweet 40 minutes of flight.

Then, touched down, Kalibo!



My friend and his husband had picked me up at the airport. Then I volunteered to drive when her husband went to work already.

Yay! First time to drive in Visayas! Hehe.


It was just a few minute drive and it was welcome Salvador residence already. Hihi. Just to share, this is my 2nd time being in Kalibo and I already stayed at my friend's house last 2010. 

Oh, hello there Ice Cube!

For breakfast, look what welcomed me! Good food and lotsa seafood! What a feast! 😍





SO SO SO HAPPY TO BE WITH THIS WOMAN AGAIN AFTER 2 YEARS. HUHUHU.

When afternoon came, my friend and her husband brought me here:





It was such a beautiful place for chilling and relaxing at the beach. The food was also superb! Just too bad that I only took a photo of the pizza. Huhubels.


After our sumptuous dinner, the couple took me for a city tour, passed by a Chapel and we went home. Apologies but I have no photo of it as I got busy ordering food for my husband (my surprise for him) who was back in Metro Manila by this time. 

My friend and her family has lots of Pugs at home. Hihi. Aren't they the cutest? 😍

Then here's their biggest yet sweetest dog, Chewy.

Ola from my bedroom for 3 days and 2 nights. Thank you so so much, Salvador and Ricafuente Family for welcoming and this free stay! 💕

And like what I always do, here's a breakdown of my expenses during this day.

DAY 1 EXPENSES:
3,876.96 - flight to Kalibo via Cebu Pacific
486.00 - Grab to NAIA Terminal 3
 196.00 - Jollibee
TOTAL: 


For my day 3 & 4 in Aklan, kindly stay tuned!

Thank you for reading and I hope that you were able to travel too.

Stay safe!

Love,
Dona


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023