Team Siargao (Day 1)

Siargao has been in my bucket list destination since I was in first year college. And being able to go here just gave me an extreme happiness! Just hearing the airport announcement, "Flight toot toot toot bound to Siargao..." just gave me a lot of butterflies. I was so excited for our Siargao trip though I had a lot of blues, days ago prior to our departure. IDK, that's me all the time whenever I travel. I'm always getting attacked by anxiety. I worry a lot about our travel! Haha. So yun na nga.. When we were boarding our plane, sobrang kilig ko mga besh! And I was just hiding it inside all the while. Hihi. Enough of the daldal and let me share now details of our trip.

I was able to book our flight last September 2017. Cebu Pacific Air has notified me or my phone rather 😂 that they'll be having a direct flight to Siargao from Manila, finally! And the airfare starts at around 2,000++ PHP. How cheap really! I was even hesitant to book the said flight because I still have a remaining balance in my credit card. But my beach babe and wanderlust officemate told me that it's really cheap for a Siargao trip. So, I hurriedly messaged my mom and sister about it and they said, "let's go!". And that was it! That's when the Siargao wait has begun. Haha.

Our flight was at noon time. We were at the airport about 2-3 hours before our flight. And my sister's boyfriend has brought his surfboard with him as we head to Siargao. Unfortunately, when we were checking in our baggages, we were informed that there's a limit with the surfboard's dimension. Cebu Pacific only allows 7.5 feet-sized surfboard. And from the looks of my sister's boyfriend's surfboard, it won't pass. 😞 It was a longboard kasi, or a long surf board to be clear. And it measures 9 feet tall. Danggg! What a time to start our trip! The fcking Cebu Pacific Air won't even refund the payment we had for the surfboard allowance, in spite of the shortcoming from their end, specifically their website and app which is ALL A TRAP. When I tried to ask countless times if they can allow it since we came all the way from Bulacan, the Cebu Pac staff just kept on telling me that the surfboard limit is indicated in their website upon booking it. But it's not there, AT ALL!!! Mapapamura ka na lang! But you have to keep calm because their staff talks nicely naman. I even had to show their supervisor how I booked the surfboard allowance step by step! Just to show him that their website has no indication of the surfboard's size limit. As in that level, bes! Bottomline is, the refund is upon approval of their Customer Care department. So wala akong napala, nag-ubos lang ako ng oras fighting for my customer rights with the supervisor. Anyway.. that's already in the past. And I gotta admire those Cebu Pac who dealt with me because they remained respectful all through out my argument scenes. LOL. Tama na nga at na-bBV na naman ako. I'll just share the screenshots of how you book a surfboard allowance and you be the judge. Sample lang ito mga bes, so no sensitive information is exposed naman. Hehe.


O sige, saan dito banda yung surfboard limit??? Ka-irita Avila talagey!



Going back.. I'm gonna share the pictures we had during our Siargao Day 1. Forget about our Day 1 mishap and just be present. Hehe.

Window view. Amazing clouds as usual!

Here's how the Ceb Go (yes, Ceb Go ang tawag sa small planes ng Ceb Pac) looks like. 

It would take you 2 hours and 20 minutes to Siargao and I chanced upon checking Google Maps to track where exactly we are.

Picture-ing Abbey Sy's postcards.

And there's my just woke up sister. Hahaha!

I forgot what place this is. Kalibo maybe?

Then I won sa pa-games ni Ceb Pac. Haha. Show them a watch worn on the right hand daw. Epic! Literal na nilipat ko lang kasi watch ko sa right hand ko. Nanalo pa! Hahaha!

And this was my Instagram teaser. Feeling pupunta abroad! 😂

Finally, touched down Siargao. AHHH!!! THE FEELSSS!!! 😬😬😬



Staying in Kermit Siargao for our 4 days vacay.

The welcoming staff was kind enough to let our baggages be placed in this dining table. Wuahaha. Thank you, Yona!

They even gave us this refreshing Calamansi Juice. As in freshly squeezed!

Hi, mama! Ganda ng shot ko 'no?

Here's their wifi password in case you'll be here. You're welcome! Ingat lang, hackable yung password eh. Mehehe.

And then.. um-Abbey Sy na naman tayo mga bes. May dala talaga akong postcards diba? Paki nyo? LOLJK!



Gwapitos Souvenir Shop. Their t-shirts cost 700 PHP each. That's why you hafta prepare your wallet if you're going here in Siargao and booking tours with Kermit. Not that I'm discouraging you with Kermit pero ang mahal ng souvenirs and tours nila! Nakakaiyak! Some tours here in Siargao are actually 300-500 PHP away from Kermit's.

Happy Dona, the birthday girl. Mehehe. 😬

Mama on her salad. Always salad ng salad! Hehe.

Look at that huge chunk of fish. Akala mo chicken eh no? Just wow! How generous!

A lot of people says that Kermit has the best pizza in Siargao. Wil Dasovich even said that it's best in the world. But for me, it's good! But not the best in the world naman. Hehehe. I guess, kanya-kanyang panglasa lang yan. This is our 4 cheese pizza with Parma Ham.

Wag nyo stress-in nanay ko, pagtatampalin ko kayo jan eh! Char!



Then, checking in now.

I love how the place going to our room or house rather is surrounded by a lot of trees and plants. I could retire in this place mga bes! Hehe.

That's our house for 4 days. The K-House (Kermit House) which was said to be the Kermit's owner's house before.

Welcome to K-House, friends! May tuwalya na talaga because I took these pictures during our last day here. It's almost evening na kasi when we arrived here on our first day.

First floor. Living room and a room for 2 on the right side.

Second floor which can fit a lot of people actually but 4 they only allow 4 people to stay for the whole house. We added an extra person though but we had to pay for the extra charges as well.




Ito yung isang pa-bed ni Kermit sa 2nd floor. Bongga diba!

Then the rest of the house pictures will be shared on our last day na lang. 😉

Kermit Siargao's Chill Out area which is exclusive for those who checks in with them.

Our yummy Chicken Curry.

Mama's Fish Sweet 'n Sour.

Donelle's Carbonara.



The Chill Out area has a second floor as well. At syempre, gusto ko na naman ng picture from there. Haha. Thanks, sis for taking this one!

More pictures of the Chill Out area. Nakaka-chill to stay here literally!




There was a doggo in Kermit and my sister played with him of course! Haha.

Ahhh! I miss this place! 💕

That's it for now. Stay tuned for my next posts. Mehehe. Feeling blogger talaga! 😂

Here's our Day 1 expenses by the way.

SIARGAO DAY 1 EXPENSES:
P1,050 - snacks/early dinner in Kermit Siargao restaurant
P1,600 - dinner in Kermit Siargao restaurant

Meanwhile, here's Kermit Siargao's information for your future reference.


Kermit Siargao
ADDRESS: Purok 5, 8419 General Luna, Siargao Island, Surigao Del Norte, Philippines
CONTACT NUMBERS: +63 917 655 0548; +63 920 968 9934
(where you can book rooms)
E-MAIL ADDRESS: info@kermitsiargao.com

Cheers,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023