The Linya-Linya Land

For the second month of 2019, I got the chance to watch my first gig of the year (not literally my gig, okay). And it's been 10 years since the last one that I've watched. Yep! Ganun na katagal.

Thanks to my music lover friends who joined me in this gig or music show rather. It really brought so much joy to me! Hihi. ☺️ 

Linya-Linya Land

So, what's this "Linya-Linya Land"?

It's a music festival composed of Filipino bands and solo artists which was organized by the people behind the Linya-Linya company. Yup! Linya-Linya is the witty t-shirt brand that we see in the malls.

You are maybe wondering how I come to know these things and such. It's because I am a big fan of Saab Magalona-Bacarro (daughter of the late Filipino rapper - Francis M.). Through her, I learned about Linya-Linya and so on and so forth. Hehe.

Going back..

The Linya-Linya Land has kicked off at 2PM. And the band line-up was as follows:



I wasn't able to watch the 1st band - "JCBX" because I was a little late. But I shall not lose hope! I arrived just in time for the 2nd band - "Shirebound & Busking".


By the way, the venue was at the Century City Mall (Makati City) which is pretty near my place. So, talk about convenience at its finest! Hehe.


And while waiting for my friends to arrive, I just roamed around the area and kept looking out to chance upon the guys behind the "The Linya-Linya Show". Another yeppp! You've heard it right! Aside from the t-shirts that Linya-Linya is producing. They also have a show/podcast. And you can listen to it through Spotify.


Luckily, I was able to spot one of the two guys from "The Linya-Linya Show" and it was Ali Sangalang. Aside from the show, he's actually one of the founders of the "Linya-Linya" brand. He's the brain behind it. Most of the lines from their t-shirts were from him.

Hi there, Ali!
ME: "Hi, Ali! I'm Dona. *shakes hands* I'm one of your listeners sa The Linya-Linya Show. Yung nag-comment about sa Palawan. Yung sa Iwahig.. yung prison sa Puerto Princesa.."
ALI: *confused look* *shakes hands* Ahhh.. ay oo! Ikaw pala yun.
DONA: Hehe. Okay lang ba magpa-picture?

HAHAHA. May script talaga eh 'no? Super fangirl na naman ang ate niyo. NKKLK! LOL.

Ang bait niya, grabe. Haha. Nung una kong napakinggan yung "The Linya-Linya Show", pucha, sabi ko.. sana naging ka-tropa ko na lang rin 'tong mga 'to (sila Ali & Victor). Sobrang nakakatawa kasi sila, as in! Tsaka ang down to earth! 😇

After ko magpa-picture kay Ali, sabi niya, abangan daw namin, may gagawin daw sila ni Victor mamaya. Hinulaan ko kung mag-lilinyahan sila. Parang ganun daw. Hehe. Then kinausap na niya si Enzo of Cheats/JCBX, dumating kasi. Ayun..

Going back to the show, the 3rd set was played by "The Ransom Collective". I listen to their songs and this was my first time to watch them live. So, bucket list checked! Hehe.

It was so fun to watch them live, you won't help but dance and sing with them, really! Their song, "Settled" is one of my happy songs to date, actually.


One of my companions that day told me na magpa-picture kami sa The Ransom Collective. That's why we hurriedly went downstairs in hope to see them. Then, voila! 



Look at those smiles! Hihi.

For me, if an artist/celebrity smiles in a picture with you, it tells a lot of who they are. If they're smiling - it means that they're really kind or nice.

But gets ko naman yung mga hindi ngumingiti. It's either nahihiya sila or pagod na sila for a picture. Hehe. That's just my own opinion anyway. No offense! Peace!


We also saw Enzo Hermosa of Cheats/JCBX in the crowd, watching his fellow bands play. Kaya nagpa-picture rin kami. Also, ang cutie pie niya kasi. Hahaha. Alam na! LOL.



Then, the 4th band to play was "Pedicab". Ito naaa.. ito na ang umpisa ng mga college bands! YEHEYYY! Ultimate throwback! Kaya feel na feel ko talaga yung music fest na 'to. Huhu. 


After Pedicab's set, we went for a "recess". Haha. Gutom na ang lola niyo.

And this is what I had:

Yakisoba in a bun. Hehe.
After eating, we went back to the venue and it was "Sandwich" playing next. Another throwback to those good ol' days of college! Yay! 


I don't have much pictures actually but videos? I have tons of it! Haha. I only took one picture per band. Simply because - for the blog. LOL.

If you wanna see who I was with during this unforgettable music fest. It's no other than my office friends - RJ and Jona. Lablabsss!


After this picture of ours, the 6th band to play was "Dicta License". After 2006, this is actually the second time that I am watching them live. Grabe, the feels! Nakakamiss naman ang FG! Huhuhu.

Hello, Boogieee! Ang pogi mo pa rin! Haha.


Ang galing pa rin nila mag-perform. Grabeee! Hats off!



Just like that, it felt like college days again. Huhuhu. NAKAKAIYAK SA SAYA! Watching concerts and gigs really makes me feel alive! Hehe. That's why I love watching them.

Then the 7th band to play was "Munimuni". I'm sorry, but this was the first time that I've heard of them. I'd say that their music is really millenial-relatable. Hehe.


Then the next band was "The Itchyworms". It was my first time watching them live as well. And grabe, ramdam na ramdam ko lang yung presence nila. I never knew na ganun sila kasaya panoorin. More power, The Itchyworms! Wuhoo!


After the 8th band, there was a break for the show.

Shet. Ito naaa! Hahaha. Ito na yung inaabangan ko, yung lumabas sila Ali and Victor of "The Linya-Linya Show". Hahaha. Super fan kasi talaga nila ako. Sorry ha! Haha.

Palabas na ko ng venue actually para umupo kaso narinig ko boses nila sa mic. Kaya bumalik ako. Hahaha.


The next thing I know, Ali and Vic were already rapping. Wuhoo! No kidding ha, pero kahit parang wala sila masyadong practice, ang galing nila mag-rap. Hindi pilit! Parang innate na sa kanila. Hehe.



Sobrang funny and enjoy lang! Haha. My goshhh, I'm so glad that I went to this music fest. My heart literally just FLUTTERS!

After Ali and Vic's performance, I finally went downstairs to sit down in the benches there. And with RJ and Jona, we stumbled upon this cute corgi! Hihi. I told Jona that I can take a picture of her and the dog which she agreed with. Hihi.


Happy Jonabels! Hihi.


After so, we all decided to have dinner already. We missed a couple of artists, but the granny in us cannot endure the pain of standing for hours and hours anymore. Haha. 



That's whyyy.. we ate the nearest food area - Hole In The Wall and had our bite of these chicken wings. Yayness! We also bought Coco milk tea prior to going here pala.


And look at us! Very good kami! Hehe.


We thought of fixing our plates after eating. It's one of the few ways of helping our fellow Filipinos with their tidy job. CLAYGO-ing which isn't so hard to do anyway! Right?

After having dinner, we just bummed at the benches again. Haha. And we saw the "Cheats" band members passing by. Sabi ko kila RJ, pa-picture tayo! At ito na nga.. hihi.

Hello from these beautiful ladies, Saab and Candy.


Hindi na ko nagpa-picture dun sa iba kasi shyness much na ko. Hahaha. Nagpa-picture na lang ako kay Jim because he is our podfather in their "Wake Up With Jim & Saab" podcast.

Going back..

We went upstairs (to the venue) before "Cheats" played. And it was the legendary Mr. Joey Ayala who was playing that time.

I knew that he's one of the Pinoy music industry's foundation. That's why watching him live (even just for a short time) gave me some wow moments. Hihi.


And finally, here's "Cheats"!

It was also my first time to watch them live. Imagine? Haha. And all I can say is, "GRABE. ANG GALING NILA! SO MUCH STAGE PRESENCE, BURNING WITH A LOT OF PASSION!"

Hahaha. Ang OA. Pero that's me. That's how I see them. And I'd bet that their fans would say the same. I promise! Hehe.


Then the 2nd to the last band who played was "UDD/Up Dharma Down".


I already saw them passing by while we were seating in the benches. But I was too hesitant to take a picture with them because one, hindi nag-ssmile si Armi sa pictures. LOL. And two, parang nakakahiya talaga magpa-picture sa kanila. Hehe.


Their set was beautiful though I cannot relate much because I only know their old songs. Eh puro bago pa naman yung kinanta nila. Haha. I was kind of disappointed but anong magagawa ko? Eh they chose not to play any of their old songs. LOL.

Then the last band to play was "Autotelic". I remember that my sister was recommending this band to me while we were on our way to the province one time.

With her driving the car, and her playlist on, inis na inis ako kasi hindi ko ma-grasp yung ganung klaseng music. That I ended up stopping her playlist. Hahaha. Then, look at me now, I have Autotelic songs in my Spotify. Hahaha. 'yan kasi eh! LOL.

Also, here's a picture of me with the Mr. O Shopping guy - Victor, who is the 2/2 of "The Linya-Linya Show". Haha. Grabe, sobrang hinahanap ko talaga siya kasi gusto ko siya makita in person. Bentang benta kasi sakin yung mga jokes niya sa podcast nila eh. Fangirling na naman po. Juice co! Hahaha.

Ang pangit ko. Para akong uling. Nakaasar! Hahaha.


Before the day ends, "Autotelic" has finally appeared on stage and they gave us nothing but the best and grooviest set ever! Yumayanig na yung sahig ng venue dahil lahat kami sumasayaw at tumatalon na with their music. Hehe. And that's when I have started to fall in love with them completely! Hihi.


SOBRANG SAYA KO DURING THIS DAY/NIGHT. Kaya tumodo post ako sa IG stories ko tagging the artists that I lurve! Hehe. 

And here's some of the screenshots of them reposting my IG story. Hihihi. *kiliggg*





END. 

There you go, readers! LOL.

Thank you so much for reading this yet and another long blog of mine. I really waited for this day to share all the feels I had watching a gig again. It's really one of the things that I enjoy doing. And I don't really regret spending my own money with this.

By the way, around 500.00 pesos lang yung bayad namin sa ticket dito. Kaya this is not so bad at all! There were 16 bands who played with a free beer pa. Kaya saan ka pa?! Diba?

Anyway highway, it's time to end this blog of mine.

Until next time!

Rock and roll,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023