Long Weekend In Zamba

CTTO

We went to Zambales 2 weeks ago and we were there during the Chinese New Year weekend. Hooray! We filed leaves from work to enjoy that long weekend. Gotta thank my dear office friends for saying yes to this trip, most especially to EJ for driving! Kudos to our lady driver! 👊🏽 Zambales is almost 5 hours away from Metro Manila and driving without a substitute really takes a lot.

So there you go!

Day 1.

We left Metro Manila at past 12AM like what we really planned to. Then we arrived in Zambales at around 4:30AM. The beach resorts weren't opened yet at that time. That's why we just parked (with the hazard on) along the highway and took a nap until the sunrise. Trololol.

When the sun was almost up, we headed to the beach area. It was just a quick drive and I got surprised seeing that we were already in front of Board Culture Liw-Liwa. I know this place because I was able to visit it 5 years ago. We parked there and naki-wiwi lang. Haha. Nakakahiya man but kailangan mo lang talaga makiusap sometimes. Haha. If they won't allow you to, edi don't! Haha.

 
Hello, beach! Missed ya!

What I love about Zambales - mountains, pine trees & beach.

RJ and this Beagle. 🥰


Breakfast here at Mommy Phoebe's


Uy, wow!

Pretty Liw-Liwa stickers! 😍

Oh, the beauty of Liw-Liwa. 😍

We've only spent the morning in Liw-Liwa, as we needed to be in Iba by the afternoon. We also decided to go to the wet market in Iba when we got there. It's to check how much the seafoods there are because one of my friends wants to eat some. Hehe. And guess what? Sobrang mahal! Haha. The crab was 750.00/kilogram. I remember that in Dampa, it's only around 450.00/kilogram. Anyway, I know that it depends on the size but we just don't feel like buying crabs for that amount. 😉 That's why we just left and decided to just eat at a restaurant that offers seafoods.

Then when we were about to leave the wet market, here's what happened: our car won't start, the battery was dead. Good thing that there were wet market staff around who helped us. Lucky for us too because there was a car repair shop nearby! 


Hay grabe.. Thank, God for those kind staff! Hinanapan pa nila kami ng tricycle that will bring us to the car repair shop. Grabe talaga! Haha. Then it was there that we met Kuya Berto the mechanic. He checked the battery, etc. and he even actually rescued us twice. The 2nd happenstance was when the car won't start again after we had lunch here:


Buti na lang at familiar si Kuya Berto sa mga lugar sa Iba and he found us here.

By the way, we had this for our lunch:

Nasi Goreng.

Beef Mi Goreng.

Butter Garlic Shrimp.

After so, it was time for us to check-in to our hotel. Wuhoo! Finally, bed and sleep! Haha. We were sleepless kasi since last night. Then after having a few hours of sleep, we decided to chance upon the sunset at the nearby beach. And here's what we saw. Not bad at all! 😬


Funtasea.

For dinner, we had The Bakery's burger, a favorite of mine! Hehe.


Look at that beaut! Sobrang busog ka na by the half of it.

We were supposed to drink wine also during this night but bawal daw. Tapos, pwede na pala but may corkage lang, ganern. Basta ang gulo nung rules ng hotel that we stayed in. Kaya we decided not to drink na lang. Lels.

Day 2.

Here comes our 2nd day in Zambales:

Good morning from The Roof Bed and Breakfast.

Chicken Tocino & Sunny Side Up egg for me.

After having breakfast, we checked out early from the hotel and decided to go back to Liw-Liwa already.

Meanwhile, here's our cooler with drinks - beer, wine, coffee & Pocari Sweat! Haha.

We just checked-in at Zambali then off we go to the beach! Yey yey yey! Alas dose ng tanghali nga pala 'to, pero g lang. Lolz.


Ice drop break.

This picture is so beautiful! Huhu. Thank you, ti EJ for capturing this! 💕

The unstoppable RJ.

Beach break, it's time for lunch! 😬

Then here are the accommodations & restaurants we saw in Liw-Liwa as we head to our Korean lunch.






Grabe lang. So much has changed in Liw-Liwa since 2015! Haha. Wala kasing mga ganito before. I remember going to the highway pa just to buy food few years ago. Wala lang, I was just so amazed and I love how Liw-Liwa has progressed. Hehe.

After our Korean lunch.

Group photo with this Liw-Liwa mural ft. a random dog that we saw. 

Now, back to our accommodation area which is far far away from the restaurants. Haha.

But first, a photoshoot. Lol.

Also, I requested a photo to be taken here at Zambakuta. Hahaha. Tang-inis. Parang Salbakuta (a Filipino Rap group) lang. 😂



Back to our hotel and enjoying some beer.



Then later on, we went back to beach again to just chill and enjoy the beach.



Of course! Always and forever, San Mig Apple!

I saw manong again! Yay! When I saw him during our first day, I wasn't able to buy from him because I don't have my wallet with me. That's why I'm glad that I saw him again. 😬

Ref magnet, anklet and keychain. 💕

Sobrang bait ni manong! Huhu. Binigyan niya ako ng keychain nung sabi ko, keep the change na sa 50.00 Cute! It's my birthstone color pa. 🥰


Then, sunset watching. Huhu. Hindi ko alam kung paano, pero ang ganda palagi ng sunset sa Liw-Liwa.

In between sunsets, we were dancing, laughing and chit-chatting all at the same time while having a Red Horse beer pero hindi ako uminom like the usual. Haha.

Dancing - we were imitating the dance steps from my favorite dancing family - "The Williams Fam" while on the sand. Haha. Akala kasi namin, madali lang yung dance steps nila, hindi pala! Haha. Search them on Instagram and I'm sure that you'll enjoy watching them as well.

Laughing and Chit-chatting - we met a cool dude at the beach. My friends approached him because they got curious with the dog that he was holding. Plus my friends would also like to know where he bought his Red Horse (hahaha). Then we all chatted until it got dark. Ang saya! Haha. In a span of an hour, ang pepersonal na ng mga napag-usapan namin. 😂 Feeling close na. Haha.

Then for dinner, we had a vegan meal. The chef of the vegan meal will be the one to choose what dish that he'll serve. I wish I could share the food pics to you but unfortunately, I didn't take any photo pala. Hahaha. Ang lola ko na talaga. 👵🏽

We had our dinner here at Kwentong Dagat.



Ahhh! I'm in awe! 🥰 I've been seeing photos of this place online and I can't believe that I'm seeing it with my bare eyes already.

Moving on.. after our dinner, we just went back to our hotel, took a bath and had beer at Ruca.



Woooh! Gin tubig lang ang malakas! Kamote.


I and RJ stayed for about 20 minutes only then we went back to our hotel already.

When we arrived at the hotel, I stayed outside to cool down and drank Pocari Sweat just to make sure that I won't have a hangover the next day. Hahaha. OA much!

Lookie! 2:17 = 2/17 which is my birthday. 🎂

Day 3.

We started our day by having a Taho by the beach.

Then we had breakfast at Board Culture. Masarap daw kasi according to our new found friend. Haha. Masarap naman nga. Lol.

OMG. Same interior when I went 5 years ago. Haha.

Preparing the surfing boards since my friends will be surfing.

Cute wash area in Board Culture. 😍

It's a good day! Hihi.

Beach view that day. Ready to surf!

Since I didn't surf, I was in charge of documenting my friends surfing. Haha.


This dog also joined me as I document moments. Lol.

Surf done and we went out to have some shake.


Mommy Phoebe's again for shake. And oh, I bought this Liwa sticker! Hihi.

For lunch, our new-found friend (lol), JJ invited us. A potluck-kind-of-lunch with the locals but we only contributed money. Haha. Then the locals took charge of the buying and cooking. Saya! Grateful for them.


And the lunch is served! Sarappp!


Then, later that day, my friends gave me a birthday surprise. Huhu. I'm so touched! 🥰 




Also.. thank you, "Jonas Brothers" of Zambali for buying the cake! Haha. Thank you so much, Kuya Jonas kahit sinasabi mong binilhan niyo nga ako ng cake tapos bibigay ko lang rin pala sa inyo. Hahaha. Sorna, Kuya Jonas. Masisira lang kasi yung cake sa biyahe eh. ✌🏼

Then here's the happenings before we headed back to MNL.

Sunset na feeling ko, scene from Dune. Haha.

Oh. I miss these big dogs na nakikita namin everytime babalik kami sa hotel. Haha.

Then sunset and football watching one last time before we head back to MNL.

Mama Beagle whom we saw during our first day. Huhu. Gusto ko na iuwi! Pisti.

As night came in, Tito JJ was refunding/giving back the 500.00 that went to the surfing board na supposedly, free. Haha. We borrowed his 2 surf boards kasi. Tapos miscommunication na siningil kami ng Board Culture staff for it.

To compensate, he said na gamitin na lang yun for some beer and we obliged naman. Haha. Inom sa Board Culture. Saan pa ba? Hahaha.

Also, The Tito JJ joined me for billiards. Hoho! May naka-laro rin. Lels. Sobrang gusto ko kasi talaga mag-laro ng billiards simula nung umaga pa. 😂

Kwentuhan about billiards. 🥰 Nak ng. Chidhood memories! Namiss ko tuloy mga pinsan ko.

Tengene. I missed you so much, bilyaran! Haha.

O, gigil yarn? Hahaha.


Hello, Sparkle! Napaka-dugyot mo tingnan dito. Lol.

Zambali. Ang ganda-ganda mo! I'll miss you again!

Then dinner at Comida De Maria.

Pizza for all of us.

Ramen.

We had a sumptuous dinner while listening to the singers that night. Medyo maingay in a sense pero we enjoyed it naman. Ang galing nung mga kumakanta eh. 👏🏼

Then, it's goodbye time, Zambales.

No more pictures except for this one:

1:19AM for restroom break and nap time for our mighty driver, EJ.

And that's all folks!

Hope you had a great time reading this.

Cheers,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023