Exploring The Beauty Of Bali (Day 2, Part 2)


Well, this is sooner than expected. Haha. Look who's already blogging about the rest of their itinerary during their day 2 in Bali. 🇮🇩 Holaaa! That's me! Hahaha. 

Going back to our main agenda.. I ended my previous blog by sharing the lunch that we had in d'Alas, right? So now, allow me to share the other things that we did while in Ubud, Bali.

One of it was actually seeing the famous Ubud Rice Terraces. I really thought at first that we had to do some trekking before finally seeing it. To my surprise, NO, we didn't had to. Made, our tour driver told us that it can be seen along the road. That's why he just dropped as somewhere along and told us that he'll just wait for us in the parking lot. 

In fairness with their rice terraces, it is indeed beautiful. 😍 Thank goodness that we no longer had to trek because I was already losing my energy to do so. Haha.

If you've been to Sagada, I can say that this rice terraces is pretty similar with the Banaue Viewpoint Rice Terraces there - the rice terraces that you can see along the highway of Sagada.





You just actually have to go down for a better view of the rice terraces. And for better pictures of course. 😉



Itsura ko lang! Hahaha.




What's next to our agenda was going to the Giant Bali Swing. And there are actually a number of that in Bali. But of course, we only visited one which is Uma Pakel Bali Swing. I'm so glad that this is what Made has recommended to us. I saw some giant swings in Bali in the internet and I didn't like it that much. Hehe. Because those ones were actually smaller than Uma Pakel's. If you want to know why, just kindly scroll down. ☺️

Love this shot of my sister'. But apparently, this was just a random shot of hers and we don't even know who the girl is. Too bad!
It costs 150,000 Rupiah (P750.00) for a giant swing ride. And that's 20 times of swinging. In short, the Uma Pakel swing staff will swing you for 20 times. It could be lesser but it actually depends on you.

Here's one of my highschool bestfriends, the brave one to do it first. Trololol. Labyu, Balengs! 😚


Still pretty even during that strong swing. Haha. 💕

Then, I was up next.


And look at that face! HAHAHA!

Angelo's next, the thorn among the roses, because he's the only guy from our group. Hihi.



Then last but not the least, my sister.



She's obviously enjoying it and looks like it felt nothing to her. LOL.



After we tried the giant swing, we went to these giant nests in Uma Pakel. Then I realized.. "Ohhh.. this is where my friends went." So happy to be here actually! I didn't expect that this will be in our itinerary. ☺️☺️☺️







My mom's enjoying it. Haha.







After those kodakan moments, we were lead to trying different kinds of teas and coffees. The flavors were: Pandan, Cinnamon, Dragon Fruit, Lemongrass? etc. The flavors were actually very unique. Some tastes good, while some don't. Hehe. 

These are all free, by the way. How generous of them, right?

And it came with a free cassava chips as well!

Then there's a store where you can buy those teas and coffees that they have served for you.


Lyle bought some coffee while we didn't because we're on a tight budget already. Hahaha.



Time to say goodbye to Uma Pakel and head on to our last stop.




We headed to Elephant Cave Temple - Goa Gajah next. It was almost night time when we arrived that's why our pictures there were pretty dark already. But that is okay. At least, we were still able to visit the place. We skipped going to the Monkey Forest because we rather go here. Plus, our time cannot afford it anymore. Also, I'm not fond of monkeys. Mehehe.

You have to pay P55.00 as an entrance fee in the Elephant Cave Temple, that's per person already. WARNING: If a tour guide here asks if you want to know some information about the place, please say NO. Unless you want to pay P200.00 each. Of course the tour guide won't tell you that there's a payment for the information. He'll just offer it to you casually. Why do I know? It's because we experienced it, which is my fault. Huhu. Anyway, I just took it as an opportunity to learn more about the place and explore it more as well. If that's their modus operandi, then I just let God to something about it. Hihi.

Moving on.. let me take you to the Elephant Cave Temple.


The century-old tree which the Balinese people really takes care of.

Then here's the famous entrance to the Elephant Cave. I actually thought that it was pretty huge inside but it's just small in real life.

  
Wearing short clothes are not allowed inside that's why you have to wear a cover up.



Told ya, it's almost night time. 🌅

Since I said yes to knowing the "information" about the Elephant Cave Temple, we got to know more about this hectare-sized place.

According to our tour guide, hundreds of people comes here to pray. He even invited us to join them in prayer the next day but we already have plans since our stay in Bali is just a short one.

And the place is beautiful actually. 💕

If you'll notice, there are some cloth on the trees, posts, etc. And it's because the people of Bali believes that they have a life. That's why they take care of it and pray to it.



When we were just about to go home, I saw this. And awww! It's just beautiful! 😍



Goodbye for now, Elephant Cave Temple! You are beautiful and so with your history! 💚
Then before finally going home, we decided to have dinner first. And Made recommended to try this Warung (Indonesia's local dish) place. I actually got so excited about it because a friend has recommended this to me. The place is named, Ayam Betutu.


We all don't have any idea of what we'll be eating. Made just told us to choose between a duck and a chicken. Of course, we'll go for the chicken. Made also told us that it is kinda spicy. So okayyy.. I was kind of expecting it. But OMG.. it was SUPER DUPER MEGA EXTRA SPICY! Our tongues burned! Like literally! I had to eat an ice cream right after eating. Huhuhu. It tastes good actually but its spiciness level is not just for me, for us. Plus the rice (yes, there's a rice in Bali. hihi) that was served is hot. Spicy viande + hot rice = UGH. Totally not a good food for me to eat. I am sorry.. Huhu.

Look how deceiving it is. Does it look like spicy to you??? I bet not. Haha. 

Made was able to finish his meal in an instant while we were struggling to finish ours. LOL. But honestly.. I'm grateful that I was able to eat their local food. It's something that a tourist must really do when visiting a country.

And here's a picture of us bidding you goodbye from our day 2 in Bali. Hihi. 😬
As promised, here's our Day 2 Expenses:

P424.00 - breakfast in Living Stone (per head)
P200.00 - 2 ref magnets
P625.00 - 25 ref magnets
P900.00 - 2 tie-dyed dresses
P1,600.00 - 2 Batik polos
P150.00 - small rainbow dream catcher
P1,500.00 - huge dream catcher & macrame
P381.00 - lunch at d'Alas (per head)
P750.00 - Uma Pakel Giant Swing
P100.00 - tip to the Uma Pakel tour guide
P55.00 - entrance for Elephant Cave Temple (per head)
P200.00 - tour guide fee Elephant Cave Temple (per head)
P131.00 - Warung dinner (per head)
P2,600.00 - tour driver payment (for 5 persons)
P200.00 - tip to the tour driver

So, that's it for now. Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed it. 😬 And see you in my next blog! 💚

Tata,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023