Exploring The Beauty Of Bali (Day 3)


Hola! It's been 2 weeks since my last blog and finally, I can now continue sharing the rest of our Bali trip. If you haven't read my previous Bali blog posts, just click these: Day 1Day 2 (Part 1) and Day 2 (Part 2).

Before I start posting our pictures during our Day 3, let me share first our itinerary that day. 

DAY 3 ITINERARY:

1. Went to Canggu, to check out the Deus Ex Machina Temple Of Enthusiasm (more about it below)
2. Went to Tanah Lot Temple
3. Went to the Billabong, Roxy, Ripcurl Factory Outlet
4. Ate late lunch at Motel Mexicola
5. Watched sunset in La Plancha


Funny as it may seem, but we started our day by taking pictures at our villa. Bahaha. We preciously alloted time to take pictures because we loved our villa SOOO MUCHHH. 😍 Also, we want to make sure that the rent we paid for the villa will be super worth it, by 1.) having tons of pictures there. LOLLL. 

So here's how our pictorial went, guys. Haha. Kung ayaw nyo maumay, you may close this blog RIGHT NOW. Just kidding! ✌🏼


My model sister. Charet!


Just woke up dip in the pool. Hahaha!

Yours truly. 😊



Then here are some shots from my beloved GoPro that morning. 🌞


The pool water was surprisingly warm that day. Hindi ko malaman kung may heater ba yung pool o sadyang mainit lang kasi talaga sa Bali. Hahaha!

After swimming in the pool, we bathed and prepared for our Day 3. Our first itinerary was to go to Canggu, where a huge Deus Machina branch is currently residing. Since we gave up going to Nusa Penida and that my sister was dying to go to Canggu, we granted her wish (parang genie lang. haha!), and went to Canggu finally. 


Our breakfast place that day was this - outdoors with wood & nature. 🌿 Yazzz, guuurrrlll!💁🏽



Meanwhile, here's what it looks like inside Deus Machina.

Inside, there are lots of merchandise like t-shirts, caps, bags, surfboards and motorcycles. Pang-cool kids ba. Hehehe.







And they also sell some bicycles.

Having breakfast here at Deus Machina is the best-est decision we ever made. LOL. Their food is so goooood! Plus the price is just right. 👌🏽




My yummy Brekkie Pizza. 🍕

Deus Custom Breakfast. 🍳

California Breakfast Burrito. 🌯

Coconut Pancakes. 🥞

Fresh Croissant, Butter and Homemade Strawberry Jam. 🥐🍓

Bottled water. Like.. LITERALLY! Hahaha.

Oh, and may I share this by the way.. restaurants in Bali do not give free water. Most of the time, you have to order a drink first before they can give you a free water. Sucks, right? Huhuhu. Being a water person that I am, that is just a major thumbs down. 👎🏼


After having breakfast, I went around the area again and took a bunch more of pictures. Hehehe.







Then some film shots from my Olympus OM10. 🎞







We roamed around Canggu to check out the shops like Ripcurl, Billabong and others, in hope of scoring discounted items. LOLLL.






Yes, we saw some discounted items but they're still pricey for us. That's why we ended up buying nothing. Haha. Moving on, we went to Tanah Lot Temple next. Thanks to Made who told us about it, because we totally have no idea that there's a temple around Canggu. Hehe.

If you're wondering how Tanah Lot Temple looks like, here's a photo I grabbed from Wikipedia:

I'd say that this is the actual scenery in Tanah Lot when we went, just make the surrounding a little gloomy. Hehe.

Visiting the Tanah Lot Temple isn't free. You have to pay P350.00 each to enter.

It was ultra hot by the time that we arrived. Hindi lang yata obvious sa pictures. Haha.

And here's my sister watching the surfers in the Tanah Lot bay. Inggit sya o! Haha.



Can you spot the surfers? Hehe.

Then there was a temple on the right side of Tanah Lot, the Pura Batu Bolong Temple.

And upon entering the pathway going to the said temple, we just can't resist looking at the ocean view. Hihi. 

It was just beautiful! 😍


Here's the closer look now of the Pura Batu Bolong Temple which was apparently closed when we went. Saddd.. It was just pretty small though.


And it looks beautiful also from afar.


Here was my photo buddy that day, my one and only mom. Hehe. Love you, ma! 😚


Then here's the entrance going down to Tanah Lot Temple. 

Here's how it looks like in real life. Hehehe. It suddenly became gloomy that day and the tides became pretty wild. That's why we just stayed at this exact spot to take pictures. We didn't bother getting inside the temple anymore because we were too afraid to get wet! Hihi.



The Bali Crew. 💕

I wanted to take picture here but other tourists takes so much time taking their shots, so huwag na lang nga. Tinamad na! Haha.

On our way going back to Seminyak, I saw this beautiful mural of a Boston Terrier, the same dog that my sister and her boyfriend owns. That's why when we passed by it the 2nd time around, I didn't hesitate to ask our driver to stop by. So that me and my sister could have our pictures taken with it. Baliw lang sa mural no? Nang-abala pa. Hahaha.



Apparently, there was also a mural of a Persian cat, which reminds me of our late Kirby, who is a Persian cat as well.


Some more art in the area. 😍
When we were about to go back to Seminyak, I asked Made, our driver, to bring us to the biggest Ripcurl and Billabong Outlet Store that I saw in Seminyak. I told him that it was pretty near the airport but his Google Maps told him otherwise. That's why we got lost and I had to Waze it out for him. What a hassle for him! Medyo nagdabog na nga siya noon. Hahaha. Grabe 'yung maneuver niya sa kotse niya nung mga time na 'yun. LOL. And I felt bad about it. Sorry again, Made! ☹️ 
Anyway, more graffiti on our way back to Seminyak. ☺️

After those twists and turns, we finally made it at the outlet store that I was talking about! 😬


And ooops, there's another Deus Machina shop.


Obey mural.

I entered the Billabong Outlet Store first. And there were so many designs and apparels to choose from! Super yayyy! A sample of what was there are these pieces:

I can't remember the exact price anymore. But the caps are for P7++.00 only.


Their shorts are 50% off and some of them were around P1,800.00. Mahal pa rin for me. Mehehe. 

More caps to choose from! 😬

Then there were more bags, slippers and t-shirts downstairs.


After doing some little shopping from the Outlet Store. We headed to Motel Mexicola to have our late lunch. I was super kaduper excited when we were on our way there. I was only seeing that place in Instagram, but now.. a bucket list of mine is coming to a reality. OH MY GADDD! Haha. 😍😍😍

Here's what it looks outside and it's so Instagrammable already. Haha. *happy dance*




Look at that happy kiddo! Trololol.
Inside now. And OMG! THIS IS IT!!! 😍😍😍 


The hungry Bali Crew choosing what to eat.


Their restroom is filled with lotsa wallpapers. Looks like, I was just brought back to 1960s, 1970s. Lels! 😬







Sorry for flooding you with pictures. I just want to share to you guys the whole place. Hihi. I.AM.SO.INLOVE.WITH.IT! 😍😍😍 If you know me well, you very much know that I love anything colorful. Hihihi.

Our visit in Motel Mexicola wouldn't be complete without some pictorial sessions.  That's why we took advantage of the place and did some "pictorial". TROLOLOL.
Just a little note by the way, some staff of Motel Mexicola will ask you to order food/drinks first before you can take pictures of the place. What a strategy for the business! LOL. It's understandable anyways..








O dibaaa! Pak kung pak yung kapatid at nanay ko. Wala akong ma-say! Haha. I love you both, Mama and Ching! 😚

Enough of the pictorial for now and let's do a verdict on some of the food that we ate there.

Barbacoa De Pollo which costs a dmn P750.00. 
And these Churros is effin' P250.00 

The taste? It's just okay. Hehehe. I found their food a little bit dry, while my mom loved them. Their drinks were thumbs up though. But they're too strong as well. Haha.

The rest of the food that we've eaten are here in the receipt. I wasn't able to take picture of all of the food that we ordered because they were already eaten. Hehe. The total amount of our food by the way, if converted to Philippines Peso is almost P3,300.00. OA no? IKR! It's too much but I guess.. it's because you also paid for the place. 😉
After eating our late lunch, we then headed to the our last itinerary, which is the La Plancha.

We also had a hard time looking for this place because Google Maps, which is what Made uses, was pretty inaccurate. That's why I helped him again by using Waze. He doesn't have Waze in his mobile phone that's why I came to the rescue for the 2nd time around.

Going forward, when we arrived at La Plancha, I got confused if La Plancha was the entire restaurants in seashore. Or if there's only one restaurant that is named La Plancha.

When we were dropped off by Made, all you can see is the ocean. The setup is like Boracay's, where there are restaurants near the seashore. I couldn't explain it anymore. So, let's just look at the pictures now.

If you think that this is already the La Plancha, well.. you're wrong. You have to walk a little bit more to reach it. 

And here you go!
If you'll notice, the colors of La Plancha's bean bags and umbrellas are different from the first picture that I have shared.

La Plancha has orange, pink, violet and other colors but the other restaurants don't have it. Oh well..

The Bali Crew, yo! ✌🏼


Then minutes later, I found my sister talking to a dog and its owners. Hehe. Dog whisperer talaga!



And oh, we were also just in time for the sunset. Whew!
You may ask if it's free to stay in La Plancha. Well, it's not. Unfortunately, each of you who visits it is required to order 1 drink and 1 food. Or you can order, 2 food or 2 drinks of your choice. It was kind of disappointing actually but boy, that's a business strategy. If you do not want to abide their policy, then better get out of their place. LOL.

Good thing that you can take home the food and drinks that you'll order. And it worked for us since we're still full from eating in Motel Mexicola. Also, we thought of ordering food for Made, since he was driving tirelessly for us since Day 1. He also never says no to anywhere that I ask him to bring us to. If that's other drivers, they'll probably say no or negotiate with me first. But as for Made, he just always says yes without asking for any additional payment. 😇 What a kind human being he is. Hehe.

By the way, here's the La Plancha menu:





LOVE THEIR MENU THOUGH. Sooo rusticcc! Hihi.

We just literally had some drinks, watched the sunset here and then we went back to our villa. We were supposed to swim at the beach but it was low tide plus some parts are untidy. Huhuhu. Why, Bali, why?! 😭




So sad that no one's cleaning up this mess. The trashes got buried in the sand already. ☹️ Oh well, papel! I hope the Bali community would do something about this.
Right when we were just about to ride the car going back to the villa. We saw a bride running for a photoshoot. Hehehe. And my mom won't stop looking at her because she was just so amazed about it. LOL. Peace, ma! Hehehe.



Before finally going back to our villa, we stopped by a grocery store to buy some chips, drinks and other pasalubongs. And here are some of the Indonesian products that you can only see in Indonesia of course. Hehe.



After so.. we're finally back to our villa! Everyone dipped in the pool in an instant! Hihihi.


Gah.. I miss this place big time! 💕





We just literally chilled out during our last night in Seminyak. I bought some Bintang beers which oh-so-good. 🍻 They taste like San Mig Light. So, thumbs uppp! Also, the assistant manager of the villa arrived to ask us about our remaining payment for the villa. And that was the moment when I literally got SHOOKT!

What happened was, our final payment for the villa became P10,000.00 higher than what was e-mailed to us by Booking (booking.com). I was basing our final payment through the Philippine Peso amout which was sent in my e-mail. But apparently, the real final payment is the one in Indonesian Rupiah (which is P10,000.00 compared to the stated Philippine Peso conversion). So okay.. every computation that I made just became trash. Good thing that we have some extra cash that time. Huuuuu! I HATE YOU BOOKING!!! WHY ARE YOU GIVING A WRONG CONVERSION!!! UGHHH!!! 

Anyway, the damage is done and we can no longer do anything about it. I already posted a complain about this in booking.com. And I think that it's the best-est thing to do already.

Moving on, let's just end this blog by sharing to you our Day 3 expenses:

DAY 3 EXPENSES:

P300.00 - Deus Ex Machina breakfast
P350.00 - Tanah Lot
P1,590.00 - Billabong Outlet Store
P1,412,00 - Motel Mexicola late lunch
P1,596.00 - La Planch food
P100.00 - La Plancha Parking Fee
P475.00 - Bintang beers and chips
P5,823.00 - TOTAL

And there, I'm saying good night from my bed in Villa Matahari. 😴


Thanks for reading my long long blog! Hope you had a great time!

Muchos love,
Dona

Comments

  1. sexy ni donelle, witwit hahaha

    yan yung famous Tanah Lot Temple, nakikita ko lang sa DIY travel na groups. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay torot! Ang sexy niya! Haha. Sikat pala talaga yung Tanah Lot Temple. Late ko na lang nalaman. LOL.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023