The New Boracay (Day 1)

One of the best memories I had last year was having a reunion with my closest highschool girlfriends. Big thanks to one of our friends' wedding, it became a perfect time to see my beloved girls again. 😬😬😬


A week before the wedding day, a girlfriend of ours decided to book a Boracay trip. God Knows how I owe her big time for treating me at this trip. I hope to make it up to her and boyfriend real soon! (I'm secretly claiming that I'll be at her future wedding abroad! Hihi.)

So, two days after that beautiful wedding day, we headed to Boracay. 🏖 Believe me when I say that after almost 2 decades of friendship, this was the only time that we were able to go to the beach together. Awwwe. 👯‍♀️ And that just makes this trip a double memorable one! Hayayay. LOVE ITTT! 💚💚💚

Good morning! It's us at NAIA 4 waiting to board the plane. ✈️🌊 

And we are just I-N-S-E-P-E-R-A-B-L-E! Hehe.

Excited for them as we're finally boarding the plane! 😬😬😬 

Our first time to be airplane seatmates! Haha. 💋

After barely an hour, WELCOME TO BORACAY! 😬

MY FIRST IMPRESSION: Oh wow! Ang laki na nung airport. Hindi ganito kalaki yung rampa dati, kung tama yung naaalala ko.

And yes, I was right. Hehe.

I remember that the airport was concrete made and this is obviously a different one. I'm not putting a thumb down to this arrival area though. I am just simply comparing it to what it was before. But you know what, I like it better. 👍🏼

Being to the new Boracay made me feel that it was my first time there. Everything there was new to me! Even when I went outside, parang.. "Anyare? Parang puro private vans? Hotel vans? Saan kami sasakay papuntang port? LOOOL." Apparently, the public mode of transpo like tricycles are outside the airport gate, you can find it downhill the airport. 


After some observing and asking that we did, we were so glad to find out that we can book a semi-private van in a package, in one of the booths outside the airport. Its name is "Mabuhay Host" if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, their package includes the following:

1. one way van to the port
2. boat fare
3. environmental fee
4. service transfer to your hotel once you are in the Boracay island itself

Hassle free, right? Talk about recommendations, this transport service is definitely a YES!

Their staff are always even on the lookout to find you and help you.


For me, the only hassle thing I ever experienced being in the new Boracay was the sea of people that welcomed us at the airport. SOBRANG DAMING TAO! HINDI MO NA MAAROK SA DAMI! Haha. Because the Aklan's government staff has to check your hotel reservation first before they'll let you enter the port.

Availing the transport package that we had and that the boat tickets & environmental fee tickets are not with us yet (IDK why), here are some questions that popped to my mind:  

1. Who will assist us in the port since we'll be surely questioned before entering the port?
2. Really, where are our tickets?

And thank goodness, I was told that at the airport ticket booth that their staff are all around the port area and they will come to you once they see that you have a yellow sticker patched on your shirt. That's why it's very important to stick the yellow square sticker that they have provided. In that way, they can easily identify who they will be assisting.

After that 20-30 minute boat ride, here we are finally in the beautiful island of Boracay! 🌴

We were asked to stay here for a few, as they'll be assigning who's who in their transpo services.

Helpful manongs who took care of our luggages.
Tip is at P20.00 if you want them to carry your luggage. 

We stayed in Jony's Boutique Hotel. And that's the best affordable and pretty beach front hotel (according to the map but not actually) when we googled.

And it was so neat! Even though it was just a boutique hotel. 😬


After checking in and some resting, we decided to have our lunch. My goshhh! We were so so starving already by this time. Thank God that we were still cool about it and nobody from was HANGRY about our pretty long journey here from Manila. Hehe. Love you more guys for that! 💕

After going around D'Mall, JR picked "Jeepney Stop" for our late lunch.



And it was just perfect! Especially that JR and Christine are just visiting from the US. 😬




Oh no, I didn't have the food pictures again. I.AM.SORRY.

Moving on, as we were walking, I found out that D'Mall has my favorite milktea house! And it's no other than "Sharetea". I bet you're not familiar with this! Haha. Am I right? I discovered this one in Kapitolyo, Pasig City. And I just don't know why, but I instantly fell in love with its taste and the variety of milktea flavors that they have. Their snacks are even the best! My and Gab's favorite is their Salt and Pepper Chicken Pops. OMG! It's the B-O-M-B! 💣 But it looked like they don't have it in their Boracay branch. ☹️


While sipping our milkteas, we decided to enjoy a walk in the beautiful shore of Boracay. ✨



It was windy that day which we didn't mind! Except that it was slamming our faces off! Haha.

Also, please notice that there are more coconut trees added in the sand. Hihi. No more restaurants in the sands, hooray! 🙋🏽‍♀️





Since we decided to just chill on our first day here (swimming will be the next day). JR found this chill drinking place named "Calypso Resort". And their cocktails are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Literally LADIES DRINK! Haha. We were even just in time for their Happy Hour. So, it was buy 1 take 1 per cocktail. Wuhoo! *happy dance* JR even paid for all of this. Hoho. Thanks, JR! 💕


My girls enjoying. 💚

Beautiful interior at Calypso Resort's lobby. 😍

And we capped off the night by having dinner at Andok's. Hihi.

Passed by this neon display while heading to D'Mall and it was just beautiful to my eyes. That's why I'm sharing it here. Hehe.

Good night from us! 

And that's it for now. Blogging soon about our day 2 here! Yeyyy! 

TYSM,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

My 29th Birthday