Art Fair Philippines 2019

It's been 2 months since the annual Art Fair Philippines and my apologies for blogging it pretty late already. Peace!

A week after my birthday, one of closest friends has invited me to join her to the Art Fair. We've been here before, but it was 3-4 years ago already. Well, repeating it isn't bad after all because there are so many art installations for you to see. And the venue was so huge! Ikaw ang bibigay sa pagod. Just like what happened to me. Hahaha. Fea knows this very well. 

SHORT STORY: When we were about to finish looking at everything, I gave up and didn't want to look around anymore. All I wanted to do was to sit down. LOL. (I'm so sorry, Piii! I love you but the tita in me was showing up already. Hihi.)

We paid 350.00 PHP each for this fair and we went on their last day. They opened last February 22 to 24, 2019 by the way. Its venue is at The Link carpark in Makati City. There are 55 galleries all in all and they were showcased in 6 floors/levels of the venue.

I wasn't able to take a picture of almost everything there because my cellphone just died during the first part of our visit at the Art Fair. I even had to borrow Fea's extra cellphone just to take pictures. How parasite! LOL.

I really chose which ones to take picture of and of course, I didn't want to miss taking picure of this one:

Malang Gallery
(DISCLAIMER: I only get to take 2 pictures here. I'm sorry.)

I used to see Mr. Malang and his paintings on the TV which is the same reason on how I learned about him. I've been hearing how great of a painter he was. That's why I was in complete awe finding out that he has a gallery in this year's Art Fair. 😍

This was his art materials which were preserved by his family. Buti na lang, naitago pa nila!

This is the abouts of his gallery.


And then, that's it! Hahaha. NAKAKALOKA. Ang ganda na ng intro, biglang the end na agad. Sorry talaga, namatay kasi agad yung phone ko. Wala ng baterya! Huhu.


Moving on, here's one of the interactive art installation there:

Just sew any significant or random stuff that you like in the huge cloth below. That's it! By the way, most of the sewn stuff that I saw were the following: ID, bus tickets, plane tickets, ATM cards, cond*m, receipts, ID pictures, etc.



Fea and I thought of participating but looks like we have to wait pretty long, kaya huwag na lang.

Then, we've moved along and saw this framed gallery. I love anything colorful and I fancy framed stuff - may it be a typography, pictures or what not. 

Daz whyyy, I need a picture with it. Hihi.


Oh, before I forgot. I'd like to share that I used Mobile Lightroom Presets in editing some of my pictures here. Hihi. And I bought it from a college schoolmate. Visit her IG to know more about it: @biancakesh and @bgxpresets. I swear, you'll not regret purchasing her presets! 😍


Going back.. here are some more of the pictures that I edited with her preset:


Next on was this library where the books are made of wood scraps. 

WHAT. A. BRILLIANT. IDEA! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼


Tapos, uhm, pack! Aura aura na naman si ateng niyo. Hahaha.


Anddd.. we stayed for quite a while here to take lotsa photos. Hahaha. 
Napaka-millenial! 😂

Then, after our "photoshoot", I saw a familiar face! I saw Ate Phy! Hehe. She's a highschool friend of mine who's 2 years ahead of me. 😬 It was so good to see her here in the Art Fair! Obvious ba sa ngiti ko? Haha.


We caught up a little and went on our separate ways after. Hehe.

Then, what's next? Fea and I have checked out this beautiful "Metro Manila" installment. 

Unedited because I want to show the real colors of the installment.
If I'm not mistaken, they're made of kartons. 😬

DETAILS.


And it even have a reflection on the wall.


NEXT ON.


Galactic polaroid shot. 😍


Then we visited Tom Epperson's (OPM TV host - Aryanna Epperson's father) exhibit.


I'm a big fan of their family, most especially Aryanna. That's why I was really looking forward to see this one. 😬



Next is my favorite - MM Yu Gallery.









I instantly felt a connection with this gallery that's why I fell in love with it. Natatawa na nga lang rin ako kasi may pictures nung mga kahon where random stuff were placed. Parang ganun kasi ako, nasa kahon yung mga kung ano-anong abubot ko sa buhay. Haha.

NEXT.

These 2 next photographs looked simple yet they somehow give a very deep meaning. And by the way, I love that the pictures were shot just around Metro Manila. 😬



Then the next batch of pictures will just be random photos that I loved in the Art Fair. 🎨








For some reason, IDK why I see my sister here. Hehe.


Cool cafe installed in the area. 😬



And last but not the least, this photo. Hihi.
Before we called it a day, Fea treated me for dinner. It's me who's supposed to treat her because it was my birthday a week ago. But you know it already, wala na namang pera ang lola niyo. Kaya wala ng hiya-hiya sa libre. Kaloka. 


We had dinner at Greenbelt 3's Dillingers - Fea's favorite eating place. Hehe.

Then in the middle of waiting, your Fea girl had managed to surprise me with a birthday cake. Huhuhu. TEARRRSSS! Lava cake nga pala siya, guys. AT SOBRANG SARAPPP!!!

Fea always makes my birthday special. As in walang mintis! And I am just super touched and so so grateful to have a friend like her. Huhu. Walang halong bola, but she's one of my super generous friends na kahit walang okasyon, kung ano-ano ang binibigay sakin. Hehe.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN, PI! Thank you for the bonding, birthday treat and birthday gift! Love you and miss you sooo! 💚 Ang hirap ng LDR friendship, hindi ako sanay! ☹️




And this is where my blog ends.

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed what I shared.

Mwahs,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023