Westlife: The Twenty Tour Manila Ticket Selling

I actually have no intention of sharing this blog post in my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But if you're reading this now, wow and thank you! I'm grateful for you. Hehe.

So, it was last March 30, 2019 when the ticket selling for Westlife was opened. Together with one of my BFFs, Vikki, we decided to buy our tickets from Araneta Coliseum instead of buying online or buying it in other outlets.



We wanted to secure our tickets that's why we met in Araneta Coliseum (Yellow Gate), as early as 7AM. The ticket booth opens at 10AM by the way. And boy, when I arrived there, I got shocked of how long was the ticket queue already. In my estimation, we were probably the 70th-80th person in the line. Gahhh.. it was nerve-racking! There was no assurance of getting a ticket anymore because other Ticketnet outlets will be selling Westlife tickets too on this very day. Baka ma-sold out agad, juskohhh! Parang sa Lany lang - every concert goers' nightmare I swear. 

While in line, I heard the lady next to me said, "Na-underestimate ko yata. Ang haba na pala ng pila." I smiled back at her and at the back of my mind, "Hay nako, girl! Parehas tayo ng iniisip!" And that make us 2 nervous fangirls already.  Haha.

Then minutes later, a mom-lola looking woman came in next. She asked if it was the line for Westlife, ang haba na daw kasi. I and the girl next to me said, "opo." Then from there, we chatted already about Westlife, other concerts, etc. Believe me when I say that this mom-lola looking woman is the coolest of all the coolest lolas that I know. As we chatted, we discovered that she watches (almost) every concert that's being held here in Manila. She always watches concerts with her granddaughter and she pays for everything! Grabe 'no? How generous and kind-hearted of her!

Later on, the couple in front of us also joined our conversation. We asked each other, what time we/they arrived, from what place they're from and on and on. In between of our chats, we all found out that the guy was actually the Westlife fanatic not the girl! Hehehe. How mind-blowing! 😬 I got so curious that I started to ask how, when, why and what not. Grabeee.. I'm older than the guy by 3 years pero shet, yung fandom history namin, same na same! Hahaha. Even our favorite Westlife member is the same! LOL. Plus the other girl we met in the line. Hihi. Sooo.. can you guess who our favorite is? It's no other than Nicholas Bernard James Adam "Nicky" Byrne! Hahaha. YES! I STILL KNOW HIS WHOLE NAME BY HEART. LOL.

That's when I realized that maybe there was a reason why I and Vikki got on this line at this very hour.

Hi from me Lian, Vikki, Lola Neri, Gine & Abraham! 😬


 Just wow, Lord. Thank you po! I finally found the right persons to discuss my fangirling with. Hahaha.

FACT: I started fangirling Westlife when I was 9 years old. I was able to watch their first concert here in Manila way back to year 2000. I was 10 years old then and I was accompanied by my very very sweet mom and younger sister - who was only 7 years old back then. Haha. Every time that I reminisce on that childhood memory of mine, I just want to cry happy tears because.. galing pa kaming probinsya but my mom took an extra extra effort to grant my wish - to watch a concert in Manila at a young age! Also, thank you to Kuya Nice who drove for us and who'd always been driving for us kahit ano pang concert 'yan. Huhuhu. Naiiyak ako while writing this post. Labyu, Mama & Kuya Nice! Thank you thank you talaga, grabeee! 💚💚💚

Okay, going back to the topic.. edi ayun na nga. 3 hours had ticked so fast. We were even able to eat our breakfast at the nearest McDonald's while waiting for the ticket booths to open. Thank you to our new found friends who saved the line for us while we were eating! 💕 Being chatty and friendly (oh how boastful of me to say. haha) has its perks rin talaga 'no? Also, I got blessed kasi mababait lahat nung mga kalapit ko sa line. Yung iba kasing naka-pila, hindi nag-uusap-usap like us. Hehe.

Then the next thing we know, the ticket booth is open already. Ahhh! Ito na! Ito naaa! All of us were dying to get our tickets already. Hihi.



It was 4 hours worth of falling in line & kaba before we got our tickets! Hihi.

Thank You again, Lord for letting us have these priceless tickets! Grabe talaga! It may not be the section that we wanted but at least it's still close to what we want. Hihi.

Wala talaga akong pera but a friend has made a "pay when able" offer to me. Kaya sige, grabbb! Kapal ng mukha ko, pero Westlife ang usapan dito. Sobrang nabaliw kaya ako dito noong elementary ako. Haha. Kahit sobrang faney ako ng BSB, mas sobrang faney pala ako ng Westlife. Hala bili pa ko ng poster books nila noon, pati mga postcard ni Nicky. Hay jusko! Yung baon ko dati at napapamaskuhan ko, sa kanila napupunta. Hahaha! Ngayon-ngayon ko na lang narealize. Grabe talaga. 😅

FIN.


Before ending this blog, I'd like to say thank you again to the friends we met on this day forward. 💕 Thank you, guys for waiting for us to get our tickets! Grabe yung isang oras rin kayong naghintay sa amin, nag-aabang kung anong ticket makukuha namin. Kakatouch! Hehe.

May I share also that we have a Facebook group chat where we talk about Westlife mostly and some other stuff. Hehe. Cute namin 'di ba? Hehe. 

I'll see these lovely Lifers on July 30 then.

Last but not the least, sa kaibigan kong nag-offer ng pay when able. Kulang pa yung pasasalamat ko. Hindi ko makakalimutan 'to! Lilibre kita ng concert ticket 'pag yaman ko. Hehe. Lablabs! 💚

Thank you for reading and God bless us more! 😇

Love,
Dona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohayou, Japan! (Day 5)

Mother's Day Special

Elyu 2023